most dangerous

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
what are the most dangerous and by how much out of fat tailed and deathstalker please ?
Aslo,which are the easiest to keep,I mean the least nasty one ?
Thanks,
Paul

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
looking for LD50 values or death rates?

also, dispositions vary by scorpion. i have found though, that all my andros are really nasty.

Leiurus venom is the most toxic venom of any scorpion known.

Androctonus is not quiet as potent as L.quinquestriatus. However some species are capable of injecting larger quantities of venom, making them a serious threat to human lives. Its toxicity has been equated to that of Cobra venom.
ahhh, HERE WE GO!!!

Last edited:

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LD50 are ok for mice but I am thinking,what is the most dangerous to man.
Also,in terms of aggression......
Which one would you say is an OBT and which a rosea for instance :D
or are they both H.gigas....You know what I mean :D
Paul

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
LD50 are ok for mice but I am thinking,what is the most dangerous to man.
A. australis causes the most human deaths from what i read here on AB. but mexico has the most scorpion-related deaths.

this also has some good LD50 info...

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A.australis is not only deadly, but from what I've seen it's usually more defensive than a deathstalker, so I vote for this one.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think any humans would participate in testing which scorpion kills them.
It just gets better and better here......:wall:
If you read on many web sites relating to LD50 tests,they bare no relation to the impact the venom would have on a humans.Sorry,but we are not mice and I can't seem to remember advocating human tests.
Why not just try to answer the question like other members have instead of trying to look smart.....failing as well by the way:clap:

Thank you to the members who gave very good replies to my questions,appreciated.
Paul

Last edited:

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A. australis causes the most human deaths from what i read here on AB. but mexico has the most scorpion-related deaths.

this also has some good LD50 info...
Thank you very much :)
That is the most informative read I have ever seen on scorpions.
Thank you again.
Paul

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Surely the fat tail is worse than the death stalker.....I ask because I have to pick one for my new pet ?
Paul

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spit,

If you were thinking of acquiring some, you should know that deadly scorpions are illegal to keep in the UK. Sorry bud. :(

andy375hh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The most dangerous one is the one that has just stung you whether it be a Death Stalker or an Andro I keep both the A Australis and Death Stalkers Just make sure you use common sense, and give yourself pleanty of room to work with and make sure you don't ever put your hand in the tank USE TONGS FOR EVERYTHING. As far as agression A Australis gets my vote my Death stalkers are all nervous not really agressive. Thats just my opion good luck and let us know what you chose you will be happy with either one.

arachnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Spit , not trying to hijack your thread or anything but was wondering something . Someone once told me (a few years ago) that there was no anti-venom for death stalkers ......or maybe it was another scorp :confused: .....either way ,is this true or false ?

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spit , not trying to hijack your thread or anything but was wondering something . Someone once told me (a few years ago) that there was no anti-venom for death stalkers ......or maybe it was another scorp :confused: .....either way ,is this true or false ?
There is anti venom.

But You won't find LQ venom in Chicago or wherever you live.

They are usually only available where LQs are located.

And why shouldn't they be? They're expensive.

And by the way I've heard that scorpion anti-venom is far less useful then snake venom.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It just gets better and better here......:wall:
If you read on many web sites relating to LD50 tests,they bare no relation to the impact the venom would have on a humans.Sorry,but we are not mice and I can't seem to remember advocating human tests.
Why not just try to answer the question like other members have instead of trying to look smart.....failing as well by the way:clap:

Thank you to the members who gave very good replies to my questions,appreciated.
Paul
That one guy gave you the LD50 chart.
You rejected it.

So what the hell do you want?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spit,

If you were thinking of acquiring some, you should know that deadly scorpions are illegal to keep in the UK. Sorry bud. :(
All buthids are classed as "Dangerous Wild Animals" (DWA), but a DWA licence isn't all that difficult to obtain, and ownership of a DWA licence makes it legal to own buthid scorpions.

AFAIK. ;)

Buthid

Arachnopeon
All buthids are classed as "Dangerous Wild Animals" (DWA), but a DWA licence isn't all that difficult to obtain, and ownership of a DWA licence makes it legal to own buthid scorpions.

AFAIK. ;)

True, but I'm pretty sure he has no licence Draiman..