User Hobo's photos

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I'm no photographer or own a particularly good camera, but I think my Ts deserve a photo thread!

First, my N. chromatus

Pissed her off when I tried to take her water dish. She's a complete spazz.

My G. rosea RCF

First thing she did when she crawled out of the shipping container.... for about an hour and a half!

My B. smithi sling, about 1 1/4"

My three P. irminia. They're about 1 1/4" now, maybe a bit bigger.

Back when they were .75"

Them now. They look the same, but are quite a bit bigger.

Their enclosures. I'm lucky enough that two of them have made their tube webs right up against the side. This particular one has a one end going straight up the side. This picture was taken a few weeks ago, it's now more than halfway up the side!

That's it for now.
I'll update once I get some new Ts, or they do something exciting that I'm lucky enough to capture on camera. All except the N. chromatus are in premoult, so I'm hoping to catch at least one midmoult for some pics!

Luiscifer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You're N.chromatus looks really nice. I lost mine recently. The enclosure looks cool. Could u post a pic of it? Id love to see it.

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I love these shots.. to heck with all the professional pics!

They're great but there's plenty of us regular-camera folk with super Ts!
LOL

The substrate is looking a little dry for your smithi sling and I noticed it has
a water bowl.. they do fine with misting when they're tiny..
well just some input..

these are really nice pics though.. love the plants and hides..
Love enclosure pics.. if you could share those as well :)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
The substrate is looking a little dry for your smithi sling and I noticed it has
a water bowl.. they do fine with misting when they're tiny..
well just some input..
I agree with you! That was taken a while back when I was under the assumption that his arboreal antics were due to moist substrate. So I let it dry and added a teeny dish. After he calmed down I started to moisten a bit and he stayed terrestrial so I guess it was just a case of the new-enclosure jitters.

Speaking of enclosures..!

This is where my N. chromatus lives. (Yes it is about an inch or two too high, and I'm slowly sneaking in more substrate. She's sneaking out some substrate herself by sticking it in her water dish, so it'll be a while! If I add a ton at once, she goes arboreal on me, so doing it that way is almost counter productive...)

She only uses that hide for eating or if she's genuinely scared. She usually prefers to stay in the "undergrowth" I tried to make in the corner there. She's eatin' here. (I'm using "she" loosely, I'm only about 70% sure it's a she).

My B. smithi lives here. I've since added a few bits of bark, since he's been holed up for about a week in premoult, giving me a chance to work without bothering him too much.

My rosea enclosure... Not so appealing, I guess. I was actually in the process of adding some more stuff on the left side, but she's in premoult so I decided to wait until she is finished.

My 3 P. irminia slings. There's this dollar shop right outside my house that sold these bottles. I bought some fake vines and small corbark, and I think they turned out rather well. They should be good to go in there for a few more molts yet.

Well those are the enclosures! Hoping I get to make more as I get more spiders... Well, since I'm already here... guess I'll post some more regular camera, non-proffesional pics! (seriously that little flower button = automatically-make-your-picture-awesome button)

You're N.chromatus looks really nice. I lost mine recently. The enclosure looks cool. Could u post a pic of it? Id love to see it.
Sorry to hear that, Luiscifer. I've no doubt you must've enjoyed it since they are really awsome spiders and always give a good show in almost everything they do.... like eating, for example! This one's for you!

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice.. Thanks again for sharing..
I really love seeing other enthusiast's set-ups..as I love to share my own..
Thanks for fulfilling my request and LOL! @ 'the little flower button'!! Hahaaaaa
Its usually means close-up or macro, which allows you to be very close to your subject and not need to adjust or zoom for the shot...
Pretty cool..

Again, nice pics..

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Beautiful set ups!

I am sad that my N. chromatus sling died.. he was SO tiny! I am hoping to grab another one here soon.. they are lovely all grown up!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
A short vid of my N. chromatus taking a cricket.
People who play videogames may enjoy it a little bit more:)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKdNlByyyvM&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKdNlByyyvM&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Well, the three P. irminia and the B. smithi have all molted, and are doing great (The rosehair, unsurprisingly, is still in premolt).

Some shots of the P. irminia. At about 2", the whites on the legs and abdomen now have a very distinct orange tinge. They molted last weekend and finally opened up their burrows this weekend, so I fed 'em.

The B. smithi molted last weekend too, and although he has opened up the burrow entrance, I've yet to see him actually come out. Took a quick shot before trying to feed him (he hit the cricket like a ton of bricks) and I'm happy to see that he's starting to actually show a bit of red on his knees! Haven't measured, but he looks to be about 1 1/4". I will have to wait until I catch him out so I can have a decent picture.

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awsome T's

i really liked the Dramatic Effect's in the Feeding Vid.:clap:

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
omg hobo ioved your vid metal gear solid amazing :worship: i couldnt stop laughing

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Alright, at last some people who play the vidya!

Anyway, caught my B. smithi out and managed to get an accurate measurement. He's about 1 1/2" now.

In addition... my G. rosea finally molted, and is now a very pleasant hue of red! While I missed the actual molt, I did get shots of the before and after.
On her back...

G. rosea, now in cherry flavor!

She moved a bit so I was able to pull the exuvium to get some better shots

She moved back, and then started to clean her legs one by one. I assume she had to roll over like this because her exo was still too soft to let her stand up.

Her exuvium. Quite a big difference in color. It measured about 4.5" across.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
loved the Metal Gear Solid music/effects, well done! Nice chromatus as well, and also nice to see someone in my area on here!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Thanks guys!
I really need to get more spiders, this thread is getting redundant... but that's ok, 'cause redundant is my middle name! Redundant is my middle name!

So here's summore pics of the gang.

Got a new shelf, so the Ts aren't resting haphazardly on top of a dresser anymore!

Also spruced up my N. chromatus enclosure...

...and the G. roseas.

And, I discovered the "vivid" color option on my camera! It really makes a huge dfference! I feel like a pro-fessional photomatographer!

And while we're here... I managed to get some ventral shots of the N. chromatus that are the best so far.
Here are the others. What do you think? I'm thinking female, both from practicing on the forum pics and by others suggestions, but more opinions couldn't hurt! She is ~5"

...And, just because, here is a vid of my N. chromatus getting kicked in the face while doing her happy dance.... OLDE TYME style!
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bmo3BGyUFOU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bmo3BGyUFOU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
WOW! That is one red rosea! Never seen one that red before

I would say female on the N. chromatus too

Great pics!

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Great vids! I love the old time dance and Metal Gear themes... Brilliant.

Gorgeous T's.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lovely N. chromatus I just got one and i adore her!