Deadly Creatures

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What kind of Tarantula is on the Deadly Creatures video game on the Nintendo Wii?:confused: I think its a gramatosala rosea.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They put a TARANTULA in a game called Deadly Creatures? Since when did crickets start playing the wii?

I WISH I owned a wii, which is to say I dont know the answer to that question.

Last edited:

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just one more thing to give tarantulas a bad rap :rolleyes:
after looking at the trailer I'd have to say its acctually more likely some kind of Aphonopelma species.

ghordy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There's an old movie called "Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo" that were carried in with coffee beans to some Midwest town and proceeded to bite everyone to death. They were B. smithi's and a couple G. rosea's.

Gotta love Hollywood.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's an old movie called "Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo" that were carried in with coffee beans to some Midwest town and proceeded to bite everyone to death. They were B. smithi's and a couple G. rosea's.

Gotta love Hollywood.
maybe I'm wrong, but, I don't think B. smithi or G. rosea comes from regions known for exporting coffee.:rolleyes:

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, now, maybe the wii people marketing to the roach slash cricket demographic :rolleyes:

Last edited:

night4now

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Movies

There is another movie, 'Hangmans curse', its almost a nickelodeon movie about an investigative family. In the end, they are attacked by evil spiders (G rosea) and the kid kills himself via spider bite (B smithi). We are putting our lives in danger every day, and we didnt even know it! Evil man killing beasts! :wall:

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They put a TARANTULA in a game called Deadly Creatures? Since when did crickets start playing the wii?
{D

Yah and it would be like a combat training instructional wii to teach them super ninja strategies when confronted with the fangs of a 'deadly' one.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is another movie, 'Hangmans curse', its almost a nickelodeon movie about an investigative family. In the end, they are attacked by evil spiders (G rosea) and the kid kills himself via spider bite (B smithi). We are putting our lives in danger every day, and we didnt even know it! Evil man killing beasts! :wall:
Haha I was at the premier of that in DFW. I almost laughed out loud but the director was there {D

night4now

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:)

Haha I was at the premier of that in DFW. I almost laughed out loud but the director was there {D
We DID laugh. All 5 of us. Even my little kids thought it was funny that those are 'piders' that we have any they are supposed to be killers {D

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey

i used to be scared of spiders 15 years to be exact. but caught a wood spider. then watch it which was cool. then bought a tarantula. and have now handled it. who could possibly believe such an innocent creature would be mean evil and ugly. they are cute nice and cooler than toys you buy at the science store.:clap: :clap:

Finntroll86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yea its just like when they use Emps as the "deadly" scorps in EVERY movie that requires proximity to those manicured actors.

Jackuul

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The game isn't actually all that bad. It isn't having the T or the Scorpion go out and kill humans. You actually do attack bugs, but you also have a few moves that uh... a T and a scorp obviously would not have.

Anyways, you have to survive a rattlesnake and such, and the perspective is you on the ground, while the two human actors (voiced by Billy Bob Thorton and Dennis Hopper) are like giants above you.

Overall its really not as bad as it sounds from the title.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I want this game. It's like an adventure fighting game.

As for the species, I bet they combined the traits of species. I know for the scorpion they combined traits of Pandinus and Hadrurus. The T looks to have the color of an Aphonopelma. When they showed videos of the game developers working on this game, they showed only Aphonopelma sp. in the video. They also said the creatures could be found outside the studio, so I'd have to say it's largely based off that genus.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Eh, I have it and I'm ready to trade it in, Very short, and not the best wii game out there. It's funny, when I was was playing I never stopped to think what kind of T it is....what's the point?

*It does look similar to a gram...but an Aphonopelma killing a rattlesnake. I'd rather not apply logic to a wii game. ;)

Last edited:

deConteville

Arachnopeon
This game looks fun, and I only wish T's could do the moves in this game, it looks funny enough in the game so I can only imagine watching our pets use those moves against everything we throw into their enclosure :D.