[Inquiry] Inquiry: what would you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

arborealTs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello fellow ABers,
I had an ad posted in the classifieds mentioning that I would like to trade some juvenile Ts for slings of equal value. A member responded to my ad and we worked out a fairly large trade. I thought that I read somewhere that the person who either initiates a trade or responded to an ad was also the person who would customarily ship first, so I ask him to. I have no reviews, so the member asks if we can ship on the same day. I have no problem with this. The member also notes that he is becoming wary of the trade because I asked him to ship first. I assure him that I am fine with shipping on the same day and tell him that I will be at the post office on Tuesday anyway so that would be the best day for me. In that same message I asked him if he had any reviews because I noticed he was a brand spanking new member.

He responds with this...........
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually can ship tomorrow. I have the money all set aside for it. My father chipped in the cost of shipping for me. So, can you do the same?

And Ive been in the business for almost 9 yrs now and have done many deals like this, and never once have I heard of an "approacher" having to ship first. Thats just whacky. I have been in the service for awhile, so I started a new user acct. So no reviews under this name. I do however have a few people I can refer you to that have dealt with me over the past few weeks if you like. Im worrying alot less now that I see your not from Cali. So, thank you for setting my mind at ease. Im going to head over to my gf's for the evening and there isnt any internet there, so Im going to assume shipping tomorrow is fine. Please include a shipping confirmation #, and I will do the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That message was sent to me last night, I have yet to hear from the member today, and tomorrow is tuesday, the same tuesday that I wanted to ship.

What would you do if you were in the same situation

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you have any doubts don't do it. Personally I would not go for it. Get his phone number and address.

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ive gotten alot of red flags from arborealTs, which is why I am being hesitant. I have already given my address, though was not asked for a phone number. I wouldn't have any problem giving that either. Its true I don't have any reviews. But I do have people Ive dealt with on here. We didnt leave a review for each other because we both had DOAs and am still in the process of replacing those for each other (even though we both shipped priority). Now if that's not cool and going against standards, I dont know what is.
I dont feel I should have to explain myself to the entire forum either. If you have questions about me, feel free to ask. But I shouldn't have to defend myself in this manner. Yes, I was in Iraq. Yes, I forgot my user name and password and started a new acct. And yes, I am wary. Ive had people talk to me over the phone about our deal for hours. And then ship an empty box to themselves just to be able to supply a tracking # while waiting for thier free Ts to arrive that I sent.
More than anything I want this deal to go smoothly. I really want the Ts she is offering, and the positive review when all goes well. It shouldn't be this tough to make everything comfortable. And I agree with you Liz, I am being overly paranoid and nervous. But isn't that what keeps us from getting ripped off?

Last edited:

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Neither of you have reviews that I can find... So, if you are both uncomfortable with the situation, simply walk away.

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Neither of you have reviews that I can find... So, if you are both uncomfortable with the situation, simply walk away.
Im on the verge, but kind of want to go through with this deal to prove myself to this forum. She is no longer responding to my PMs or this thread, so Im guessing she's out. Bummer, I could've used the positive review.

arborealTs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You definitely didn't have to defend yourself publicly like this. That is why I did not post your username. The reason for the public post was your lack of response.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@ Both of you, once you are a bit more well known on here buying/selling/trading will be much easier. Look to see if there is a local group of T keepers or something... that is a good way to build credibility(and the other person will know that people know where you live! ;) ).

arborealTs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I gave you 24 hours to respond to me... You're saying that I won't return your messages after a mere thirty minutes.

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The reason for the public post was your lack of response.
I told you I dont have internet at my girlfriends. And I also told you thats where I would be spending the night. Thus explaining my lack of response. Or so I thought.
I live outside of a big city here, and there are many tarantula enthusiasts. I was origianlly referred to "James" by a collector when looking for Ts, but he wouldn't even respond to my PMs. So, I've decided to deal with various individuals, and have been doing pretty well thus far. I guess I just like seeing the Ts before I make a deal for them. Thats why I don't do many online deals. But when I saw Liz's add, I just couldn't help myself. She had exactly what I have been wanting. Plus I had what she was looking for. It almost seemed too good to be true.
So hopefully in 3 days everyone can read the positive reviews we've left for each other. Thats the only thing I want more than the Ts we're trading for. But then again, like my ol' pappy used to say,"If it's too good to be true, then it probably is." I hope Liz proves him wrong.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=154841&page=3

just thought i'd bring that to everyone's attention

EDIT: seems as though this person has already given as reason to why she is using the same computer as Frankie Dank (if you read the first couple posts in that thread you'll see what i'm talking about).

either way, just thought it would be good to link it here. ;)

Last edited:

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ArborealTs,

If i were you, i would go here and start trying to explain what is going on... and why you are using the same computer as someone that has a huge warning right now. --> http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=154841&page=3

might be wise, just thought i'd bring that to your attention
Uhh.. An explanation and an update is a good idea. Does anyone think with this new information that I should be asking her to ship first?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just back out. Why are you still dealing with this. Not worth the hassle.

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just back out. Why are you still dealing with this. Not worth the hassle.
Because Im in love with the thought of actually getting the Ts we agreed on trading for. My want for those Ts is a tough thing to get over.
If you ask me, there is a simple solution for this "ex-girlfriend/arborealTs" to be in the clear AND start a positive review thread. Ship first, provide a tracking #, and show she is her own person and trustworthy. Otherwise, it may be tough for her to get anywhere with deals on this forum. I'd hate to just go out on a limb and trust her, go through with this, get screwed, and have everyone say,"I told you so." What do ya say Liz, am I wrong?
ps.. Im not trying to cause drama here Liz. I just dont want to get ripped off either. I hope you understand.

Last edited:

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if you really want those's T's im sure you well fine someone else who has the same ones you want. Just leave it alone. You well screw your self over at the end just like i screwed my self over today with someone on here.

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if you really want those's T's im sure you well fine someone else who has the same ones you want. Just leave it alone. You well screw your self over at the end just like i screwed my self over today with someone on here.
She will get the benefit of the doubt for now. We already spoke about shipping tomorrow, and turns out she is getting to the post office before me anyways. So at least I will get to see a tracking # before I ship. Too bad there's no way to verify the genuinity of it. But like I said, she's getting the benefit of the doubt, for now.
And like I told her, the lack of response in this thread and to my PMs isnt helping her cause. Granted, Im new too, but at least I have someone on here that can give a reference for me.

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I guess I put too many restrictions on her hustle becuase I got this response at the last minute before shipping today. I think "they" realized they weren't going to get away with anything, simply because I said I wanted to see a tracking# before I ship anything. Or it was because I was being completely open and honost, and wasn't hiding anything here. Either way, this was the outcome.

"Something about this trade just doesn't feel right. It's not comfortable. Sorry, I'm going to pass this time." and "I wasn't about to get away with getting robbed by you. That's for sure."

Uh, yeah. Because I was the one with the sketchy background and bad rap? You don't see me signing people's money orders and not shipping thier Ts do you?
For everyone out there thinking of doing deals with Frankie Dank or his people, be careful and take every precaution. The whole reason it ended up here is because I was getting red flag after red flag on this person. So many things were just "off" about this person. Right down to thier "devilish" mood status. I mean, you have to go to your neighbor for help with packaging and shipping cause your so new, but you can sex a pokie at 2" without an exuvium or a microscope? Really?
And thank you to everyone that tried to look out for my best interests in this deal. I really do have to get over doing shifty deals because of the dream Ts they offer.

Aiden O.

Last edited:

arborealTs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have nothing to do with frankie anymore. He doesn't even live in CT last I heard.

Hellraizor was extremely unfriendly and abrasive regarding the arrangement of the trade.

I have no desire to conduct business with anyone who carrys themselves like that.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She will get the benefit of the doubt for now. We already spoke about shipping tomorrow, and turns out she is getting to the post office before me anyways. So at least I will get to see a tracking # before I ship. Too bad there's no way to verify the genuinity of it. But like I said, she's getting the benefit of the doubt, for now.
And like I told her, the lack of response in this thread and to my PMs isnt helping her cause. Granted, Im new too, but at least I have someone on here that can give a reference for me.
I personally would not take the chance and would purchase from a more established seller with good reviews and sales.

hellraizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I personally would not take the chance and would purchase from a more established seller with good reviews and sales.
It was a trade deal actually. And Id love to do that with a more established dealer, but its not always that easy. Also, you must've missed post #17. And I have to ask.. Why is it everytime someone doesn't get away with a hustle, they feel the need to turn it around onto the other person? Kind of like when you catch a lover cheating, thier first reaction is anger towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.