New Hyllus sp. slings

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Recieved my Javan heavey jumpers from Exopet today :D
I'll try and get some better photo's of one of them close up tomorrow but in the mean time heres them still packaged up showing their communal behaviour, it wasnt half a sight opening the lid to see 7 little slings all cuddled up :p

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ooooh, I'd love to get some of these! I wanted Phidippus Octopunctatus, for it's size but I figure if I can get my hands on one of these species it'd be worth the time. They look adorable. Already so hairy!

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmmm...are these any bigger than audax or otiosus?

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
On average they are bigger, P.audax apparantly has a wider range in size although they are often smaller they can get a tincy bit bigger, legspan wise though Hyllus are the largest :)
I got some better pics today :)
The little bugger jumped off some bark and into my ancient massive telly, so i had to frantically uncrew it all and rip it open to get the little thing :p

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great photos! It must be awesome to be able to see them so up close. I really like the little eye mask they got. :p I just got 4 new jumpers today and can only take pictures with poopy digital cameras. I want an SLR!

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would love a DLSR also :p
My pics were taken by a Samsung NV3 digital camera :)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hyllus are already on my growing list! :drool:

I love big jumpers! I have 11 P. johnsoni and 10 P. audax. Getting more pinheads for them. Finding enough food outside is getting harder.. :rolleyes:

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the comments everyone :)
Ive got just one little P.audax myself, although i will get a bunch more as soon as i see some available. Phidippus johnsoni are known as regal jumpers are they not?
Im also really getting into salticids and my list is basically what evers available :p

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing pix and nice pickup.

That's a really nice camera. I own a DSLR and macro lens and can't even take photos half that nice:eek: {D .

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the comments everyone :)
Ive got just one little P.audax myself, although i will get a bunch more as soon as i see some available. Phidippus johnsoni are known as regal jumpers are they not?
Im also really getting into salticids and my list is basically what evers available :p
Regal jumpers would be Phidippus regius. Bold jumpers would be Phidippus audax. There's also a gorgeous bryantae color form in audax. Another one I'd like added to my collection.

I'll be buying more containers if they offer any freebie jumpers that I don't have..