Cricket laying eggs in enclosure

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I threw an adult cricket into my 3.5" P. cambridgei's enclosure earlier today. I just went to check on it, and the cricket was laying eggs into the substrate.

So, should I rehouse him and clean out the substrate? Could this potentially cause some problems?

To top it off, the T was right up against the wall and it is 100% without a doubt a male.:(

Last edited:

ghordy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My understanding is that it's usually not a big deal. If the substrate is dry they will have a tough time hatching. If they do, remove what you can and the others will make their way to the water dish and drown themselves. They'll only pose a problem if the T has freshly molted.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
we have tiny crix jumping all over the house.......a pain really and not much you can do.....I don't think they live for long anyway.Only see them for a few days and then the next batch appear a few weeks later...lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh yes, the joys of little tiny crix everywhere! I've had them hatch in cages several times.. catch them, and feed them to smaller slings ;)

But like ghordy said... crix are only an issue if the T is about to molt, or just did.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for all the input. I'll just keep a close eye on him and the crickets.