Any one know About these?

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
With my new package coming in the next couple hours, am already looking at purchasing some more T's i was wondering if any one had any experence with the following sp.

Chilobrachys fimbratus
Cyriocosmus elegans
Pterinochilus chordatus
Tapinauchenius gigas

Any Tips with these sp. would be greatly appricated. TY :worship:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
T. gigas are on my "DO WANT NOW!" list!

C. elegans are also on my list.. I thought I was getting some, but they turned out to be H. incei instead.. the OTHER trinidad dwarf lol

I've got a P. chordatus.. she (unknown, really) is VILE. I've also got P. murinus and P. lugardi, and I'll take both of them any day over my P. chordatus! My P. murinus threat poses and strikes the bottom of the tank, my P. lugardi threat poses then walks away.. my P. chordatus just runs full tilt at you and wants to take a piece of your hand off :rolleyes:

That's all I got :D

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have a T. gigas, but we have not had it long. This is a quick rundown of what i know.

If you are wanting to know about all of those species, the quickest way to do so, would be to run a search on them. The search engine will be a good friend if you let it!(using the advanced search and searching by titles might yield better results):D

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you are wanting to know about all of those species, the quickest way to do so, would be to run a search on them. The search engine will be a good friend if you let it!(using the advanced search and searching by titles might yield better results):D
In this case I would agree. That's a tall list for one thread, and there is great info on all four species to be had via the search...

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Chilobrachys fimbratus: feisty asian fossorial (obligate burrower) that likes it wet and has amazing coloration... which you'll rarely see.

Cyriocosmus elegans: Tiny tiny tiny beautiful little things. If you're getting a sling make sure you have some fruit flies or something to feed them. FYI, H. incei adults are still about 2x bigger than C. elegans.

Pterinochilus chordatus: Same genus as OBT, more or less a tan OBT.

Tapinauchenius gigas: Taps are a lot quicker than they look. Be ready for speed here.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
C. elegans slings will eat pre-killed small crickets or cricket legs.
Mine are more or less pet holes.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Chordatus like to burrow? I didn't know this. I always assumed they were like P. murinus and would adapt to pretty much any setup.
mine (even as a 3" juvie) loved to play around in the dirt:

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
C. elegans can take prekilled chopped up mealies, crickets, etc, fine, if you can't find anything small enough for a sling.

Mine create pretty elaborate multiple-holed burrows. There's four entrances to my one C. elegans' burrow!