Yup, ya lost me...

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So, a few weeks back I posted THIS thread about my P. lugardi female.

Well, since then... she has been out and about quite often. Her abdomen, to me, seems smaller.. but when I compare pictures, there isn't TOO much of a difference. Last night, though, she was going nuts with the air holes in her container.. like she was trying to get out of them. I have offered her prey, and she refuses.

Could she be REALLY unhappy in her new place? Will this stress negatively affect her? She's got a decent burrow going on, and when she's in it I can't see her.

Am I being overly paranoid? How long can she stay this fat for, before she does SOMETHING?! lol

I'm impatient, I know :D

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
funny little things sometimes.
I had a vagans molt about 3 months ago.. no food, constantly sitting out in her water dish and i inspected to make sure nothing physically was wrong.. and i coulnd't see anything.

finally the other day she went on a cricket rampage and ate like 4-5...

she too never seemed to regain her girth after her molt and just looked dismal...

now she's looking quite a lot better.. might just want to make sure she's well hydrated and give her some time.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I refill her water dish several times a day, so no worries there.

I wish I knew what was going on in her "pure instincts" little head! LOL

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You just need to leave her alone. You say that you fill her water dish several times a day? Why do you fill it up so much? She sounds a little stressed to me

Bob

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's a very flat, shallow dish and if any substrate gets in it soaks it up... so I remove the soaked substrate and re-add fresh water. With all the moving around she's doing, she turnes it into a pile of soaked coco fiber all the time. I suppose I could find her a dish a little deeper that might not require so much maintanence..

Really though, I leave her alone. Her container is on the top shelf, in the corner, farthest from the light. The open end to her hide is facing the wall, not outward, and when I fill her water dish I just slowly rotate her container until I can open it.. I don't pick it up or anything.

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Make sure the subsrate isn't too wet or dry. They will try to get away from substrate they don't like, and if that involves breaking out of the cage, then they will try it.

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just relax! i wish i could post pictures of my setup for my female. really you can keep it dry, as long as you spray it a good shot once in a while (this means every 2 weeks AT MOST). My female did exactly what yours do, being very plump and retreating completely underground. just leave it be ;)

it's an easy specie just like P. murinus IMO, it thrives in a fair bit of dryness and burrows of some sort.