Tarantula safari?

nikinizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just feeling things out for now, no set dates at all or anything.....I want to find out if anyone would be interested in a tarantula safari? It would consist of sailing my sailboat down the coast to mexico/central america, maybe west coast of south america and /or hopping across the pacific to southeast asia/south pacific. A coastal journey seeking specimens that are unusual , rare or even as yet unknown. Scientists, scholars and hobbyist are all welcome but do need to have sailing experience to come along. sailboat is a seagoing craft built of steel, ketch rigged and can accomodate 3-4 at atime comfortably...... any indiana jonses(or lara crofts?..lol)out there itching for adventure( new world T's-of course you will be itching!) :drool:

Finntroll86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have to say that would be an incredible trip! Due to recent personal issues, i wouldn't make a good candidate. But I would like to ask how is the weather nowadays for sailing long distance? Also do you prefer keeping proximity to the shorelines or go into open ocean?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if i was still single i would jump on that but, sadly... the fiance might have a few things to say about a trip like that:(

MIC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would feel better with a sail boat like this {D

Last edited:

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my most imediate q's are
how long have you been sailing?
times in which this or these trips would be attempted?
specifications of your boat, sounds awesome tho! would be interested based on the info i hear.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmm... That could be fun! I would be interested, after hearing the answers to sean's questions.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Are they called "rooms" on a boat? I thought it was a "cabin" hahaha

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just feeling things out for now, no set dates at all or anything.....I want to find out if anyone would be interested in a tarantula safari? It would consist of sailing my sailboat down the coast to mexico/central america, maybe west coast of south america and /or hopping across the pacific to southeast asia/south pacific. A coastal journey seeking specimens that are unusual , rare or even as yet unknown. Scientists, scholars and hobbyist are all welcome but do need to have sailing experience to come along. sailboat is a seagoing craft built of steel, ketch rigged and can accomodate 3-4 at atime comfortably...... any indiana jonses(or lara crofts?..lol)out there itching for adventure( new world T's-of course you will be itching!) :drool:
That would be so fun !

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen?
LOL

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We could loose spiders on the boat !

Or find out how well T's swim, in the case of sinkin' ship.......LOL

Just.....Sit right back, and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a scorpion........J:p

Last edited:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ships almost never sink, don't you know ;) lol

nikinizor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
due to a change in circumstances I have to sell my boat and move to nevada or california where I will certainly be on the lookout for T's and wanting to do weekend safaris to go to T country and seek 'em out.....after this week though there is no more boat. it would have been awesome.