Id needed

*FallenAngel*

Arachnopeon
Guys, I need some id for this guy.
From granulation pattern, no doubt it is h.spinifer.
However if compare with a h.spinifer, this one has darker colouration (the colour is more to solid black, whereas a spinifer's colour is some kind of shinny dark blue), the telson is black, the soft part at the abdomen are black too. Its looks like tree dweller, hanging on the barks i gave it. and its claw is shorter and broader then a normal spinifer too

My friend did said it is spinifer when judging from the pic, but when he actually saw it, he said is totally different with spinifer except those granulation.
I bought this from a local pet shop which label it as H. Arizonensis

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hahaha
H. arizonensis...:clap: closest they've every gotten hehe

I can't see the granulations clearly, but I wouldn't rule out H. petersii
It definitely isn't an H. laoticus.

rasputin

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm aiming for Hetrometrus laoticus. Who sold it to you as an H.az? That person should stay away from all animals, forever!

rasputin

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I didn't even give much attention to that as I did the telson. I may be wrong - big ugly scorps are not my area of expertise. At any rate the telsons are different between the two species and Fallen made it a point to post a good image of the telson.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't even give much attention to that as I did the telson. I may be wrong - big ugly scorps are not my area of expertise. At any rate the telsons are different between the two species and Fallen made it a point to post a good image of the telson.
lol big ugly scorps

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey i bought one from the petstore labeled Asian forest scorpion, i figured it was because of the granulation on its pincers , i'm a newb though. I thought someone cut its stinger off cause it looks way different then pictures but exactly like the one you have.

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that in general coloration is a bad way to ID most scorpions, especially heterometrus. Other than that I have no idea, hets all look the same!

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe Hetrometrus laoticus purely compared with pictures, i still think these Hets are hard to distinguish between each other.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Heterometrus petersii for me also

H.spinifer are very distinctive in their appearance:
http://www.chaerilus.co.uk/spinifer3.jpg

H.laoticus, as mentioned are known to have no granulation what so ever on the carapace (prosoma?)

http://www.chaerilus.co.uk/laoticusfemale.jpg

H.petersii and H.laoticus are differentiated by this granulation either side of the eyes, from what i can remember of Kovarik's review of Heterometrus!

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

*FallenAngel*

Arachnopeon
ya, i tot it might be petersii as well.... Spinifer and petersii have similar granulation patern.... Actually not only colouration, the pedipalp are shorter and broader, the tergate are packed quite closely if compare with spinifer