Opinions Wanted....getting rid of slings....

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have about 8 B. albopilosum slings that have been sexed by Kelly Swift that I am supposed to trade to a local pet store for some spiders I really want. Trouble is, the guy at the pet store is acting like he can't get me the spiders I want. I know that ALL of the spiders I want are listed for sale on Swift's site (C. cyaneopubescens, B. smithi, A. versicolor) at a very reasonable price. This guy claims that he buys from Swift's sometimes too. I was offering to trade him 6 of my slings for 2 of the "preferred" slings and he seems to be all for it. But since he seems hesitant to obtain what I want for the trade I was contemplating asking him to buy my slings from me outright and I will order from Swift's myself.
What do you people think?
Was I offering a fair trade (6 Curlies for a Green Bottle Blue and an Antilles Pinktoe slings)?
If I asked for $10 each would that be unreasonable (my slings are a little over 1 year old and approx. 3 inches)??
I am really wanting to get some other T's I want but I would like to get rid of some of my Curlies also.....
I was just curious what other people thought......

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I think $10 would be a good price.
Why don't you just post them here on our sale page?

If you do not feel right about the pet shop deal don't do it.

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Kosh, I would buy a curly from you. Keep me in mind if you do decide to sell to other people.

Renee

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The guy at the pet store could get at least $20 apiece for those, so asking $10 each is fair, but in my experience a pet store will generally go to extremes to avoid paying out more than a 3rd of what they will sell something for. As for the trade, not knowing what the slings you are wanting will cost him out of pocket, I couldn't say if you're offering him a fair deal or not.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think Swift's is selling the Green Bottle Blue slings for 1/2" @ $30 and the Antilles Pinktoe 1/2" @ $28.....i also considered getting the Mexican Redknee (B. smithi) which Swift's currently has 1/4" @ $20.....

so i guess by the time the pet store guy paid shipping then it may not be such a good deal for him after all.......