One of my newest....

Twisted

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Got another smalll order from Dean at NW Inverts today and here are a couple pics of one of them.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I like the set up you made it looks like you put a lot of time into it and did it well but I have to say I think the T looks a little big for its new home. not that they need much room but I.d get something about twice that size at least. just my opinion though take it or leave it.

Twisted

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It was discussed that she may be a bit cozy in there for now but its the biggest container I had available in my bag o containers.

Will be looking for something bigger soon.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She's such a lovely girl :) Name her already! haha

He did say that he is planning on putting her into something bigger, but that was what he had for now. (yes.. I just spoke for you, Twisted lol)

ETA: yeah.. it took me three minutes to remember I was posting, and you had already posted haha

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice.. I like the feeding hole + cork stopper : P

I have this idea to cut the tops of plastic water bottles off and hot glue them to my enclosures. The bottle caps could be screwed off for access as a feeding hole. Or if multiple bottle-tops are added to an enclosure, the bottle caps could be replaced with ones that have screening on it for on-the-fly-custom ventilation. Not sure if I'm making any sense...

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The corks really are a PITA sometimes haha

Your idea sounds really cool! If you do it, you have to post pictures!

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a preliminary test going. The primary problem is... while the INNER diameter of the tops of the water bottles is 1", the OUTER diameter is actually ~1.5mm wider than an inch.. Cuz the outer diameter isn't 1", it won't fit into the 1" hole I cut into my enclosures with a hole saw. I guess I can still just glue the bottletops directly onto the surface of the enclosure but I can already see the glue weakening over time as the bottle caps are screwed on and off. Perhaps an expoxy or plastic-specific glue needs to be used to create a chemical bond. This presents a following problem: exposing our T's to toxins :p I don't know. I'll figure out a practical solution eventually!

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a preliminary test going. The primary problem is... while the INNER diameter of the tops of the water bottles is 1", the OUTER diameter is actually ~1.5mm wider than an inch.. Cuz the outer diameter isn't 1", it won't fit into the 1" hole I cut into my enclosures with a hole saw. I guess I can still just glue the bottletops directly onto the surface of the enclosure but I can already see the glue weakening over time as the bottle caps are screwed on and off. Perhaps an expoxy or plastic-specific glue needs to be used to create a chemical bond. This presents a following problem: exposing our T's to toxins :p I don't know. I'll figure out a practical solution eventually!
I've done this just hot-gluing the rim around the top of bottle caps over the 1" hole. It works great, and I don't see it working itself loose.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I use the same type of setup for my little avics but i've never felt the need for a feeding hole. I just take off the top, set it down (trapping the avic in the top part) put the roach in the bottom and put the top back on. The T finds the roach soon enough. The coziness of the enclosure makes it easy to find.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I only use the feeding hole half the time with my avics.. the other half, I just removed the bottom too Moltar. But the holes are really handy for watering/feeding other species - like my INSANE P. regalis who thinks he is in a Nascar race whenever someone even LOOKS at him lol