Need an ID please asap!

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Guys

I popped into my LSS today and they asked me to ID a spider for them (they're reptile focussed so don't really know a lot about Ts). They want an ID because they're have requests to use it in a photo shoot and have to know what it is.

It has a legspan of about 6-7 inches and has two apparently injured front legs. They thought it was a T blondi. It's just not. It was notably active so either stressed or a male?

I was thinking a very non pink lasiodora parahybana?

Let me know what you think

Bryn

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
g. pulchripes

I think it is a chaco golden knee because of its large size and it has a little bit of golden color on its first leg segment.

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im bad at id-ing species i dont have any experience with but for some reason im thinking some kind off Pamphobeteus sp.

edit: i saw some pictures im probably wrong:/

PSYS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm no expert either but it looks pretty drab in color (judging from the photo) to be G. aureostriata. I don't see any yellow/gold hairs on the 1st leg segment. :confused:

I'd have to second the L. parahybana comment judging from the faint markings on the legs as well as the coloring of the hairs on its abdomen. :?

That's a tough one. Is it possible to take a photo without the flash in better light?

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah this was off my mobile phone quickly before the LSS closed as it's a sunday, i'll pop in during the week and take a decent camera

I'm no expert either but it looks pretty drab in color (judging from the photo) to be G. aureostriata. I don't see any yellow/gold hairs on the 1st leg segment. :confused:

I'd have to second the L. parahybana comment judging from the faint markings on the legs as well as the coloring of the hairs on its abdomen. :?

That's a tough one. Is it possible to take a photo without the flash in better light?

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
doesnt look like any chaco golden knee ive ever seen, the carapace looks all wrong. Also the markings on the legs are different too. check mine out

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd have to say it definitely didn't look like a chaco. I think the photo represents it quite well in colouration, that's why i was struggling to ID it. The front leg injuries were worrying (all the velvety hair gone right down to the orange exo skeleton in places)

The size also was throwing me off i.e. being 7 inches in diameter and being heavy bodied in my mind limited the options it could be...

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's a little beat-up, that's for sure.

If you were to wait till it molted and take a pic, that would be helpful.