Brazilian Black??

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got these two "Brazilian Blacks" from different dealers, they look different, whats your opinion?

Attachments

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry about the grainy pics, yes they are plump, no I dont overfeed, just been awhile since they molted, but notice the color difference?

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both look nice and healthy most importantly, I don't have a G. Pulchra but from what I have heard some do turn chocolate brown right before molting, Than again that is not something I know for a fact as I don't have one yet so for a more positive answer you will just have to wait for someone a bit more knowledgeable on the specie to chime in.

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They both look typical, from my experience with G. pulchra. The ones in the photos look pretty small; the smaller ones I've had have shown huge differences in color depending on their position in the molt cycle, being jet black when freshly molted and a washed out brown when approaching a molt.

Steve

MrBaronIsBack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Odd, my Pulchra never turns more than a washed out black when she goes into Premolt.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrBaronIsBack
Odd, my Pulchra never turns more than a washed out black when she goes into Premolt.
Some of mine have gotten quite brown before a molt, others always seem more or less black. Offhand, and making allowances for my imperfect grasp of taxonomy, I see nothing that would keep me from believing both the pictures posted are perfectly good pulchra :)

Joy

SubZero

Arachnopeon
I have 5 brown adult females and 5 jet black adults females, seems pretty normal to have some color variations

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They both look like pulchra. As has been stated already there is some variance in their coloration.

Phil

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When my pulchra was smaller it looked more like the second pic, but it's bigger now and black as black can be.

Andy

sheepy_angel

Arachnopeon
wow! great T's!

i'm new in the hobby, have acquired a couple of scorps and T's... and i'm currently dying to own a brazilian black like that!

those are really nice...

anybody here who knows a reputable dealer of G.pulchra's??? It would really help if anyone can suggest coz ive been rummaging through the "Sellers and Dealers" thread of the forum, and i cant seem to bump into one. (a dealer who ships internationally)

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Demand is high and supply is low. You'll be lucky to find ANY dealer that has them at the moment. I search once a week, and have only come up with an adult pair for $300 or $400 this month. :(

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow! great T's!

i'm new in the hobby, have acquired a couple of scorps and T's... and i'm currently dying to own a brazilian black like that!

those are really nice...

anybody here who knows a reputable dealer of G.pulchra's??? It would really help if anyone can suggest coz ive been rummaging through the "Sellers and Dealers" thread of the forum, and i cant seem to bump into one. (a dealer who ships internationally)
Same here. Been drooling for those guys. I even posted an ad searching for these guys. but to na avial. :(