Poecilotheria metallica

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G'morning,

When may we expect to see additional legally exported and "captive hatched" P. metallica in the USA?? I missed out on the first ones and hope to acquire a few the next time around. Hopefully the fee for these blue beauties won't be as exorbitant the next time around.

For those of you that acquired these spiderlings a few months ago how are they doing? Are they standard Pokeys as far as husbandry? Anything noteworthy to pass on to us as far as care is concerned?

enjoy the day,

David

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nothing to add to your subject... but saw that you are a VA'er... go over to the arachnofunctions board and check out the newly forming VA T society... I think the furst meeting is going to be the first or second saturday in November in Richmond...

Oh... and awesome avatar/icon:D

Hendriks

Arachnopeon
Well within the next month the next cocoon should be ready.... some will be sold in Europe and some in the US

The spiderlings which are in the US now should all be from the same cocoon

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have two slings. One has shed once, the other twice. So far they look very healthy, eating well, active, and fairly calm towards me. The last few days, one has been eyeing the other through the plexiglas. I'll put a piece of paper between them.

Hendriks,
The next cocoon is completely unrelated to the first?

Karen N.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm also hoping to pick up a metallica next go round. I'm enjoying my Pokies, and am looking forward to adding one to the tarantula family.

As for the Virginia Invertebrate society, our first meeting is scheduled for November 15th at 1:00 P.M. We're going to meet at the Three Lakes nature center in Henrico county. I'll be posting the meeting information this week. You can email me or wait for the post for all the details.

Take care,
Ralph

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ultimate Instar
The last few days, one has been eyeing the other through the plexiglas. I'll put a piece of paper between them.
:D

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one from the first batch and she is doing great:D She has molted once and is an eating machine. The colors are just awesome to say the least. Not any regrets here regardless of the $.

P.S., she also stays out almost all of the time.

Effekt

Arachnopeon
I've just bought a sling from a fair here yesterday. It's about 1 cm. I've paid €10 for it. Hope it does well. :)

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Effekt
I've just bought a sling from a fair here yesterday. It's about 1 cm. I've paid €10 for it. Hope it does well. :)
That's dirt cheap! :eek:

Don't make all the pokey lovers here cry. (Fortunately I'm not one of them... yet.) ;P

Greensleeves

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Henrik,

Can you tell us how many spiderlings will be headed to the USA???

Also, will you be producing P. subfusca spiderlings in the next month or two as well???

thanks for bringing us the blue pokeys,

David

Hendriks

Arachnopeon
the small batch of spiderlings from the first arrival in the US all came from the same cocoon....

The cocoon I have now is not related in any way....

I haven't opened the cocoon yet and I have no idea how many spiderlings there is... But I am waiting 3-4 more cocoons, which should be ready in start of 2004....

I think the 3 bloodlines you talk about was the miranda ....

Also a subfusca cocoon will be shipped. should also be ready in a month....

Well and Yes hopefully Frank will import the spiders... :)