Northern Illinois Tarantula Enthusiasts?

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes.

Looking to meet other people in the Northern Illinois/S. Wisconsin region who are interested in Ts and other inverts. Knowing people in the same area is always nice as you can trade slings, collaborate on breeding projects, split shipping on large orders etc.

So who else is from the this region? Chicago? Rockford? Madison or Milwaukee?

I am from Dekalb IL myself.

Last edited:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is a smallish group of us about an hour outside Chicago. We tried to get an invert club together and did have a few meetings but it just kind of fell apart.
Most of us still meet up occasionally at the Lee Watson all animal expo at the DuPage Co. fairgrounds.
You should let me know if you can make it sometime and we can get together and introduce you to some of the other locals.

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will be going to the swap meet this coming weekend. Let me know if you are going, love to meet people from the area. Where are you from?>

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I am originally fro ChiTown but I am now in Elmhurst. I will definitely be at the show looking for Christmas specials.

mozkaynak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello i live in Madison, WI.
I am getting my prelim exam on Jan 28 for my PhD degree. I am planning to go to All animal expo on Feb 6th, 2010. I know it is very early to plan anything but I would LOVE to meet others in this hobby.

I dont know anyone else around here in this hobby.

BigOtto

Arachnopeon
Tarantula interest

I've recently become interested in keeping tarantula(s). I don't know exactly what I'm getting into but I have been reading alot (books and the web). I've owned reptiles in the past but I'm learning that with most animals what is good for one is not good for all. If anyone in the Northern Illinois area has anything to let me know I'd really appreciate it. Maybe a shop/dealer in the area that is knowledgeable on the topc as well?

Thanks,
Jake

JOE P

Arachnopeon
im from Illinois and live in the Oregan Illinois area and have about 14 years experience with spiders, i also like making local contacts so feel free to pm me