Avic thinks its something else

jellybean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
one of my versicolors thinks its something else.
it hardley ever climbs. only made a web once then destroyed it, spends most of its time on the floor. never acts skittish or moves fast and he even moulted on the floor, didnt turn upside down either, just popped out from the top and rolled over.
his legs are fine , i know he can climb, he isnt injured or anything but hes not like his brother and sister at all. i do love him to bits.
i know rosies never act how people think they should but is it normal for avics to do the total oppasite of how they should be??
i think the only avic thing it does is shoot poop at my boyf and our friend tom

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
That is strange . I had one once that sorta acted like this . It spent a lot of time on the ground and it was hyper aggressive . It bit all the time . I use to call it my OBTPT ( OBT Pink Toe ) . :D

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How big is the sling?

I have an A. metallica sp. green that has made maybe three strands of web, barely clings to a leaf.. and usually spends his time on the ground, but he's tiny (1/4")

jellybean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How big is the sling?

I have an A. metallica sp. green that has made maybe three strands of web, barely clings to a leaf.. and usually spends his time on the ground, but he's tiny (1/4")
hes not a sling. measured his last moult and that was just under 5"
hes one of my favs. such a sweet little thing

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds cool! So long as she's eating and getting on with it perhaps it's just different :)

Just a thought, could it be because of ventilation differences between the top and bottom of the enclosure? I.e. Do you have more ventilation at the bottom?

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hows your humidity? Id guess if its not humid enough, he may go to the substrate to try and get more humidity. My avic, always has webbing going. I would just give it time and im sure it will start to web soon. I have an obt in a similar phase of not being arboral or a burrower, but rather a terrestrial with a pathetic web thats barely enough to cover itself with.

jellybean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hows your humidity? Id guess if its not humid enough, he may go to the substrate to try and get more humidity. My avic, always has webbing going. I would just give it time and im sure it will start to web soon. I have an obt in a similar phase of not being arboral or a burrower, but rather a terrestrial with a pathetic web thats barely enough to cover itself with.
humidity is gd, the same as the other tanks. my other versi has one cool web behind his log and the other one has a million diff webs with linking tunnels..i think that ones a girl

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
My A.avic doesnt go on the substrate or anything but she does destroy any webbing she makes within a day. She eats well, humidity is good etc etc but she has made a # of nice webs and then "poof" they are gone the next day! She's about 3 1/2 inches, so I guess I got a "weird" avic too lol

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Ditto what Shell said. Neither of my Avics, A. avic and A. metallica, make much webbing at all. Have never seen them sitting on the ground, though.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is he a mature male? Maybe he's getting on in age?

Sarcastro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some T's are just weird I have a B.boehmei that thinks its a Avic it climbs the the top of the enclosure and starts webbing and it will stay up there for days, and I have had a H. lividum that wouldn't burrow.