Vietnamese earth tiger - birdeater

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ran across a T. that was labeled with the above name. The shop owner said he didn't have a scientific name. It is 3-4", black with faint chevron markings. What was interesting to me were the thick black legs. Must be a burrower? I know there has been discussion about Asian T's being mis-labeled. Does anyone have an idea what it might be? I'm going to go back and take a look at it tomorrow. Are the any identifying features I should look for to help identify it? It was very fiesty and fast. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I wouldnt buy from a place that had inverts without scientific names.

-V

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had posted a similar thread about a month ago and I believe the consensus was that it was probably a Haplopelma minmax (Thailand Black).
A really feisty asian tarantula with a wicked attitude.

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd buy it if its less than 30 or 40 dollars .would a rose by any other name....yadda yadda yadda

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looked similar to the pic posted by LaRiz in the Check this out thread. It is WC and he is selling it for $25, although I can possibly get it for $20. I am a good customer. If I get it, who am I joking, when I get it I'll try to post a pic. and maybe someone can help. Thanks for the responses.

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
you should try finding out who he bought the animal from after you let him know you're getting it. maybe you'll be able to find a positive ID somewhere along the trail. pictures are a pretty difficult way to ID t's.

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
I wouldnt buy from a place that had inverts without scientific names.

-V
I once bought a breedable female B. vagans because the people at the petstore thought it was a G. rosea sometimes anothers ignorance = your bliss
and I've noticed theirs been a number of C.paganus floating around mis I.D.ed so thats a possibility on what it could be as well was there any leg striping on it?