Emp confusion

Draik41895

Arachnopeon
so Ive had this guy for about a year and a half,and up until now hes been all fine and dandy. About a week (or so) ago I ran out of food for him, and either haven't had the money or the time to get the food until now.So i wont to feed him but he wont eat, which is unusual. He wont move much and is all sluggish. His tail is kinda laid out instead of curled up like usual. Basically, I'm worried. Is he dying? Is he molting? Or maybe something else I dont know about. I realy dont want him to die so please help me figure this out

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tail down - dying or unhealthy
one-four crickets a week is more than plenty, and they can fast, but if hes sluggish, full grown, and tail is out, yeah, hes a goner :(

Draik41895

Arachnopeon
awww that really sucks, after all the other pets this year, why him?:( do you think it was because of me? or just his old age(unsure of it)?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alot of things, old age probably, maybe care.
i'd get pics up and ask others.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah
if it ate recently, it could be poopin. look for white stuff, my large one is doing it now and it reminded me

Draik41895

Arachnopeon
so I did see some white stuff earlier but ive not fed him recently so ?

here are some pics taken with my crappy camera, because the goo one is no where to be found at the moment. But you get the idea,and hes not dead (yet), because hell move a little,though only if i touch him.

Edit: really crappy pics...

Attachments

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry buddy, but it happens. If you got it as an adult there's never any telling how old they might be.

Draik41895

Arachnopeon
so, this really sucks for me, I'll have to get a new one eventually, A younger one. Unfortunately I did get him as an adult... I guess it's all experience.

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah it sucks. My first emp died as well as many other different breeds. Buy from a reputable source next time. Maybe try and get a spinifer from kenthebugguy.com

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

aww bummer sorry bout that, i have 7 of these bad boys (originally) and i got em as adults 2 of em died on different occassions but all in the same way, judging from the pix u took it isnt lookin good bro
:( bummer man
Tim

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What's the temp in the enclosure?

A dragging tail and sluggish behavior can mean your scorp is on the way out but in those pics the tail is not flat out but curled and held up off the ground a bit. I've seen my emps curl their tail along the ground behind them plenty of times. Maybe he's just cold and lethargic?

Draik41895

Arachnopeon
What's the temp in the enclosure?

A dragging tail and sluggish behavior can mean your scorp is on the way out but in those pics the tail is not flat out but curled and held up off the ground a bit. I've seen my emps curl their tail along the ground behind them plenty of times. Maybe he's just cold and lethargic?
I tthought that too, but he wouldnt eat which i thought was weird,I treat to warm him up more, but it didnt seem to help. now hes not moving at all... I can only assume hes dead

Last edited:

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that.

I'd leave him be until he starts to smell dead. Just check in on him once a day. You never know - scorps have been known to "resurrect" themselves from apparent death.

IDK if you're interested but if he is dead the one good thing to come of it is you can get a really good look at him up close without worrying about a flailing tail or pinchers.

Edit: To dispose of a dead emp I just toss them in the garbage when I'm 100% sure their dead. And since I'm using smell to do that I usually take the garbage out right after.