new feeders!

D4RK-3L3M3NT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just wondering if tarantulas can eat slugs or snails??? what about scorpions???

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Scorpions - probably - but definitely not a "safe" feeder. I'd think you could end up with one wounded arachnid.

Slugs - i don't see why not - if it moves enough to attract their attention.... Just make sure you're not collecting them from a place that could be pesticide ridden.

Snails? The shell might make things a little difficult - plus you could end up w/broken fangs. Also probably not a good idea.

Experts - correct me if i'm wrong....

Pixxie

Arachnosquire
Has anyone used slugs as feeders? Would you recommend it? Can I feed slugs to leopard geckos too?
I've heard that turtles like slugs and snails, wouldn't the slime make it somewhat difficult for them to eat?

Jared781

Arachnobaron
It might work yet theres a good chance it would have a negative effect (IMO).. so ima just stick to the cricket regiment for now :p or until further confirmation

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just saw the original post. Scorpions as feeders? On a similar note, can I feed my P. cambridgei bull sharks? I've got a breeding colony in my bath tub.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has anyone used slugs as feeders? Would you recommend it? Can I feed slugs to leopard geckos too?
I've heard that turtles like slugs and snails, wouldn't the slime make it somewhat difficult for them to eat?
If you have a DeLorean you might be able to go back in time, post this question, and get a serious response.

It's from 2003, people. If a thread is that old, and hasn't received a response since 2003, then it's probably not worth resurrecting.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you have a DeLorean you might be able to go back in time, post this question, and get a serious response.

It's from 2003, people. If a thread is that old, and hasn't received a response since 2003, then it's probably not worth resurrecting.
Actually GiantVinegaroon, it's the flux capacitor that makes time travel possible. I've got one in my Civic. It turns out the OP's question somehow caused a rift in the space time continuum which ultimately destroyed his AB profile.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon

I prefer people ressurect small old threads and ask additional questions, instead of starting new ones. Search function is cluttered with posts, "Use the search".

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually GiantVinegaroon, it's the flux capacitor that makes time travel possible. I've got one in my Civic. It turns out the OP's question somehow caused a rift in the space time continuum which ultimately destroyed his AB profile.
I keep forgetting about the flux capacitor. I'd rather travel through time in style than in a boring old Civic :p

Jared781

Arachnobaron
Just saw the original post. Scorpions as feeders? On a similar note, can I feed my P. cambridgei bull sharks? I've got a breeding colony in my bath tub.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
think the OP meant Scoprs eating slugs/snails too!!

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Mod Note

I prefer people ressurect small old threads and ask additional questions, instead of starting new ones. Search function is cluttered with posts, "Use the search".
This^^

We tell people to search...then we complain when they resurrect an old thread...um anyone else see the hypocrisy here?!

Seriously, bumping old threads CAN be a good thing. It helps to keep questions on one topic in one place to make the search function work well. There are lots of old threads that contain fabulous info, and if people have questions about that info, bumping them is great.

Yes, when someone bumps a 10 yr old thread just to answer the OPs question it can be a little silly, however if we want people to keep using the search function we need to stop chastising them for doing just that.

Take your pick, what bugs you more? Not searching, or searching and bumping old threads? I would much rather see old threads bumped when they contain good info, as opposed to a ton of threads saying "learn to search".

Last edited:

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crytopholis sp as well as some Phormictopus sp. rely on gastropods (snails) as a main staple in there diet!
Just thought I would throw that out there.
-Wade