Growth Rates

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have three 3 in. P. Regalis and two of them molted last night. One grew WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger than her sister after she had stretched her legs out today. Also her carapace is MUCH larger then her sisters.

They are both the same sex. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This has been my normal experience. I have raised numerous large groups of slings with growth rates that were all over the place. It has been MY experience that gender is not a huge factor (if one at all) in determining growth rates.

John

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope this means Ill have one MEGA REGALIS and one normal regalis. That third one is takeing her time in molting though.

Today, 2 out of 3 of my baby H. Macs molted as well. Id say theyre in the inch range right now. got em at maybe half an inch give or take and theyve doubled so far. Who says these things grow slow.

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by heyjeyniceid
I hope this means Ill have one MEGA REGALIS and one normal regalis. That third one is takeing her time in molting though.

Today, 2 out of 3 of my baby H. Macs molted as well. Id say theyre in the inch range right now. got em at maybe half an inch give or take and theyve doubled so far. Who says these things grow slow.
Slow to grow can be slow to molt too. Most every sling at .5" will get much bigger when it molts but when it molts at say 3" it will not jump to 5".