Which Pamphobeteus spiderlings to get??

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm probably going to be getting some Pamphobeteus spiderlings later this week. I am deciding between getting a few Platyomma's or a few South Ecuador's.

Any recommendations? Differences? Similarities?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The real platyomma does not exist in the hobby so i would take South Ecuador's instead.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The real platyomma does not exist in the hobby so i would take South Ecuador's instead.
Ah, I was not aware of this. James is having a "getting out of the hobby" sale and he had them listed. I have cared for Pampho's before, but this will be my first personal one.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There may not be the real platyomma, but there is a sp. Platyomma that is common in the hobby. Whatever it eventually turns out to be, it's a neat spider that I recommend. Nice pink highlights on males, and the females tend to be more brown compared to the other darker Pamphos.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There may not be the real platyomma, but there is a sp. Platyomma that is common in the hobby. Whatever it eventually turns out to be, it's a neat spider that I recommend. Nice pink highlights on males, and the females tend to be more brown compared to the other darker Pamphos.
Yes they are sold as sp. platyomma but comes from ecuador.
The real P. platyomma is located in southern Brazil around Sao Paulo:)

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Were sp. Platyomma also sold as sp. Ecuador II or something like that? I believe I remember reading somewhere that different imports were calling them different things but were probably the same species.