getting yet another spider.. need perefernces

arachnoobie

Arachnopeon
i think im gettin my LAST spider. i have two obt slings a g.rosea and an a. avic im looking for another that is cool looking but doesnt live unseen so im thinkins a terestrial im just wondering what ones web their enclosures up but dont just hide like a lividum or my darned obts:wall:

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GBBs are gorgeous and do alot of webbing. Chilobrachys fimbraitus web alot and are really cool looking as well. Both of the above are really good eaters as well.(well atleast mine are)

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it was me and I was going to pick one last terrestrial, it'd definitely be a GBB. That and... a GBB fits what you're looking for as far as a T that webs a lot and is a show-off. Man they're so cool looking when they capture their food too. Tong feeding them is the way to go.

Hilikus311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try Holothele incei.
Now that's an idea!

off topic: Hey Zoltan what happend to that cool avatar pic you had. I though it was perfect for you! I dunno why but it was awesome, just not the same Zoltan with out it:(

Rick & Brandy

Arachnopeon
For what you want I would go for either Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (greenbottle blue) OR Cyclosternum fasciatum (tiger rump) Both are great webbers, never hide and are sooo beautiful!!! Good Luck!

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think im gettin my LAST spider. QUOTE]

Is there any such thing? :confused: I've heard rumors about them, but always thought they were imaginary! I have 40 tarantulas now, and can't see an end to my addiction.
I know some of us here would need some SERIOUS intervention!
As stated earlier C. cyaneopubescens is a beautiful spider, tons of web, and not normally a pet rock, or hole. A. geniculata is an impressive, large spider that makes a good display specimen, although not quite as flashy as the GBB. Oh, hell; get 'em both! lol

Jon

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Another genus you might want to consider is Ceratogyrus. My adult female C. darlingi hasn't webbed much outside of her hide and she isn't out in the open much either, on the other hand my C. marshallis do something like this:

The top is usually webbed up as well. In case anyone starts to wonder about the leftover near the top - it was removed after the picture was taken. :)

off topic: Hey Zoltan what happend to that cool avatar pic you had. I though it was perfect for you! I dunno why but it was awesome, just not the same Zoltan with out it:(
Hah! :D My arachnosupporter subscription expired, and thus - no avatar.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another genus you might want to consider is Ceratogyrus. My adult female C. darlingi hasn't webbed much outside of her hide and she isn't out in the open much either, on the other hand my C. marshallis do something like this:

The top is usually webbed up as well. In case anyone starts to wonder about the leftover near the top - it was removed after the picture was taken. :)

Hah! :D My arachnosupporter subscription expired, and thus - no avatar.
Don't look deep enough to me.
My C.marshalli has about 6 to 7" (going to be deeper when she is rehomed after next shed) of sub and has burrowed to the bottom.........leaving one hole to come out and hunt crix.
She is always underground BTW.....just her legs sticking out of the hole....lol
My one is maybe 4" LS.

Last edited:

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last spider, haha its what you think now. :) I only have 22 right now with 2 more that will hopefully be here Tuesday or Wensday. :) But I agree with the GBB or a Horned baboon, I have a 1/2" C.Marshalli who has a nice web system going already. Good luck with what you decide though.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you wanting a tarantula that you can hold, or not? If not, get a P. regalis. Yes, I know this is an "advanced" spider, but if you already have an OBT... Anyway, they burrow as slings, but are out as adults. Mine likes to pretend that she blends in with her surroundings, but I don't think she knows I can still see her. :)

If you want one that you can hold, then disregard my advice here.

In addition, there is no such thing as "one last spider."

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is all I ever see of my marshalli.....taken just now.
They all seem to be out tonight.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you wanting a tarantula that you can hold, or not? If not, get a P. regalis. Yes, I know this is an "advanced" spider, but if you already have an OBT... Anyway, they burrow as slings, but are out as adults. Mine likes to pretend that she blends in with her surroundings, but I don't think she knows I can still see her. :)
How cute! :D I wonder if there's a lot of lichen in the trees that pokies and H.mac like to habitate in... both of them look like they could use lichen as camouflage. :?

Was gonna suggest a Psalmo to the OP until you said you wanted a spider that was out more. I only notice them out a lot because I have more than a few. {D

What's this "last spider" you speak? It doesn't ring any bells in my vocabulary... {D;P{D