Dr Evil and His Peculiar Ways

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now please understand I am not complaining but, My veitnamese centipede who you've gotten to know so well stays above his substrate almost constantly. Now, I do have some millipedes which stay above ground a little frequently, still most burrow a lot. My other centipede a Tanzinian Blue Ring, Cptn. Stupid, Stays beneath the substrate without fail 99% of the time. When I do see him it is most often just his last two legs much like the Englishs' two finger saloute. :mad: Like I'm not the one who feeds him.
Should I worry about my overconfident 10+incher or is he just being bad ass? I have seen him shed and it is not that. I don't believe he's acting weird he has been this way since I got him last year. Any thoughts?:?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
My other centipede a Tanzinian Blue Ring
i assume you've got a scolopendra morsitans ?
i've got 2,... only subadults that are about 12cm

i've noticed the 2 have totally differnt caracters,..
1 stays burrowed like yours 99% of the time,.. the other one is always on top and i see him the most of all my pedes,.. even more then my gigantea's,... never burrows,... always waiting on top for me to trow in a cricket :D

seems to me the burrowing is'nt related to specie but to individuals,.... as far as my experience goes :rolleyes:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
could it jsut be a character trait or perhaps its a hint to their sex?