Pretty little Avic'

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow!

My unidentified Avicularia sp (or should that be spp? If anyone could quickly reiterate the issues with using 'sp' etc I'd be most grateful thanks)

Well, it moulted, and has hardened off. Look how stunning it looks :O Any ideas on what it is now? It actually has a browner iridescence to it than in the picture...
I've only the one pic for now as the sun has gone into hiding again :/

I'd enter it in the calendar thing, but the 3rd+4th left legs are out of the frame, which is a bit of a bummer

Enjoy!

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is just a guess and I don't have a ton of knowledge on Avics but I wonder if it's A. urticans? Looks very similar to an urticans that my friend is raising.

Atrax

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
sp usage?

I'm no pro - but I think "sp." is singular and "spp." is plural.

Ex - "This Psalmopoeus sp. looks similar to a reduncas"

"I want to collect all of the Psalmopoeus spp."

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What a pretty little Avic:)

At first glance, I was thinking it's either A. urticans or A. aurantiaca. Taking a closer look, I don't see any leg bands so I would guess A. urticans also. My Urticans is a big hairy fuzz ball, yours looks like it will be the same.

I didn't have my A. urticans as a sling, I wish I had so I could have compared the two. Anyway, have fun with it and keep us posted as its color changes.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe a Bicegoi, Looks alot like my little guy did a couple of molts ago. Greg

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bearskin10
Maybe a Bicegoi, Looks alot like my little guy did a couple of molts ago. Greg
I was guessing this too, my spiderlings are way smaller atm, they are still grey/brown...