H. maculata/P. striata/P. ornata pics

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just some cool pics of the last time we did some cage maintenance on our T's and they decided to come out for a walk. Enjoy!

P. ornata on my arm chillin':

P. ornata on Matt's arm:

P. striata crawling on my shoulder:

Such pretty coloring!

Teaching the Pokie to roll over - priceless :p LOL

Matt holding the P. striata. Err, kind of!

H. maculata!

Matt handling our baby girl H. mac:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You are soo going to have to explain the roll over picture LOL

Great shots :)

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You are soo going to have to explain the roll over picture LOL

Great shots :)
LOL thanks Jairi! :) well, she was crawling along on my fingers and I kind of rolled my hand over - her body rolled into the palm of my hand and just laid there, then she gently wrapped my pinky with her pedipalps. It was so funny - Matt and I were laughing about how weird it was! {D just as cool as a cucumber and easy-going, she didn't care what I did!

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am just gonna sit here and Drool.....

......:drool::}:drool:

- Jason:8o

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOL thanks Jairi! :) well, she was crawling along on my fingers and I kind of rolled my hand over - her body rolled into the palm of my hand and just laid there, then she gently wrapped my pinky with her pedipalps. It was so funny - Matt and I were laughing about how weird it was! {D just as cool as a cucumber and easy-going, she didn't care what I did!

Whoah, that's pretty cool! :)

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice pics. I love seeing handling pics.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Amazing pics!

If my 8 legged kids weren't all related to :evil: Satan, I would love to be able to do that!

Joe aka CAK

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the nice comments everyone! The roll-over pic makes me laugh every time; I love that striata! {D Hoping it's a female.. I don't see any little hair patch on her ventral side so just waiting on a molt to confirm it.

We're planning on doing a feeding video next - the trick is getting the right lighting in the room.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome pictures. Weren't you nervous of a bite with the roll over picture? I would be flippin out if it grabbed my fingers with its pedipalps.

Do you handle them often. The look really chilled in all those pics.

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
(...) I love that striata! {D Hoping it's a female.. I don't see any little hair patch on her ventral side so just waiting on a molt to confirm it. (...)
Hi Sarah,

in my opinion your "striata" is P.regalis in fact. Mainly due to very prominent subabdominal band which should be muted, at most, in P.striata.
Furthermore, the ventral band on the femur I doesn't look broad enough to be P.striata-like,
where (according to Pocock description of the species) it should be almost as wide as yellow basal portion of the femur.

Maybe you can pick up the difference by looking at pics available >> here << on my site.

I won't be surprised if it's penultimate male (as weel as your P.ornata), BTW.

Best regards,
Tomasz

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Sarah,

in my opinion your "striata" is P.regalis in fact. Mainly due to very prominent subabdominal band which should be muted, at most, in P.striata.
Furthermore, the ventral band on the femur I doesn't look broad enough to be P.striata-like,
where (according to Pocock description of the species) it should be almost as wide as yellow basal portion of the femur.

Maybe you can pick up the difference by looking at pics available >> here << on my site.

I won't be surprised if it's penultimate male (as weel as your P.ornata), BTW.

Best regards,
Tomasz
I'll second that