substrate question

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:does anybody her notice that the eco earth coco fibers are just really poofy. like mine is always so soft. the T sinks in and gets absolutly no traction. the only way i can get it to not be so poofy is to put only about an inch of it which isnt really enough. if i put more in my T will avoid it. does anybody else have this problem?:? now i just use peat moss that is mixed with som aged douglas oak stuff. it has wood chips so i cover it in alittle bit of eco earth so thers not as much.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Easiest solution is to pack the cocofiber down. No more sinking, more traction. That's what I do.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how

i have tryed packing this stuff with my hands. is that what u mean? this stuff frustrates me sooooo much. this really makes me obsessive compulsive. like it has to be perfect for me to stop futzin with it:8o

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I push it down when I put it in the tank. You can always mix it with play sand, peat moss, and small wood chips (douglas fir bark or Cyprus).

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I pack mine down or mix it with either vermiculite or that jungle moss stuff in the bricks or any combination depending on species.

SpiderDane

Arachnopeon
I just press the subtrate fairly hard in the enclosure(not so hard that the glass breaks). I have used eco earth in a couple of my T enclosure, and i havent got the "problems" you got :D