Need help Looking for a new t...

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
Ok I tried reading other threads....But i haven't found anything..and this is my second t..so yes i am a noob..with that being said...i'm looking for a cheap spider that is easy to care for and just loves to web alot..and a bonus would b that it grows fast lol..i like burrowers n climbers..please guys n gals any info would be good..:wall:

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not the cheapest but not the priciest either, the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, aka Green Bottle Blue, will fill your needs. They web alot and are terrestrial yet climb as well. Very colorful with orange abdomen, green carapace and blue legs.

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are you going to buy slings?

Avicularia Versicolor web a lot generally and are decently cheap and very pretty. You must make sure they have humidity AND ventilation. Otherwise could be deadly.

You could get any number of Brachypelma species pretty cheap too.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Assuming you have control of basic motor functions, and aren't mind-numbingly careless or stupid ( ;) ) a P. murinus would be a nice choice. You have to try and kill them, really inexpensive, and the like to web nice little homes.

Many will tell you that this isn't a good starter. However, it was one of my first two spiders over a decade ago and I'm still here. As with any of these fuzzy little lovelies.. some research on the species you choose will help. Good luck...

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with you. I got an H. Lividum as my first permanent Tarantula (as I had to give my first two away after a couple months before a very long move with little space.) It hasn't been a problem. I just use my head (for the most part) and respect it's space. I also have a P. Murinus. Very cheap, cool webs, beautiful spider.

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
would slings be better? an do the avic versicolor grow fast?

Thxz for the info every1 ^.^ i got enough options to go with now

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
ok...so i pretty much want to go with the avic versicolor..can ne1 point me in a direction of a caresheet thread for them..or give me a few pointers?

super-pede

Arachnobaron
My very first T was a P.murinus.If you have the gut and the smarts these make a great starter for the aggressive species.;)