New Scorpion Species

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Here is something I saw on the Scorp Fans site.

John
];')

Subject: NEWSFLASH! New Leiurus species discovered!

Hi all!

I just have been informed by Professor Wilson Lourenço that he and two
other researchers have published the discovery of a new species of
Leiurus from the central deserts of Jordan.

http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/l_jordanensis.jpg

The name is Leiurus jordanensis
Lourenço, Modry & Amr, 2002, and the discovery was published in Revue
suisse de Zoologie, 109 (3): 635-642.

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I read that also, but was way too lazy to view the picture. Too many clicks involved. Did you ask the pic owner if you could post it here? Maybe a link to the The Scorpion Files is in order at the very least :) Awesome looking scorp. I never knew they came in black!!! :)

Scott

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
You know that drooling sound that Homer Simpson makes when he thinks of food? Well that's the sound I made when I saw that picture. Probably the coolest scorpion picture I've seen in a long time.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
You can't possibly like that one Dave...Its not in monochrome:D...there are at least two distinct coloration zones on that scorp.

I want one too...even though it is prob pretty hot

John
];')

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
John,

LOL! Yes, it is dichromatic. Still, it's sweet-looking. Some scorpions are like the blue K-car with the red door and silver rear quarter-panel. Very colourful, but not particularily aestheticaly pleasing. ;) This new Leirus is like a tricked out car with some sweet racing stripes. ;) Another example of this sort of pleasing dichromatism is G.flavopiceus. Actualy, I guess they are trichromatic, but that's not the point. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was also gona post that link here but John beat me to it. I should have known!

I've never been interested in owning L. quinquestriatus myself, Androctonus and Parabuthus are much better looking "hot" scorps in my opinion. This new Leiurus, however, is something else! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Wade

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Leirus jordanensis

Wow, that is definetely one of the most awesome scorpion species I have ever seen!

Leirus jordanensis- Jordan Dark Deathstalker :D

Alex S.