H.mac enclosure

stryder05

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is my new h.macs enclosure and was wondering if there was anything I might need to change? She didnt like the old one I had her in this morning [no climbing space] so I put in the bit of cork bark and she has started climbing already. What do you guys think? And when should I need to change the enclosure? She is currently 2-4cm.

Sorry about the light, its like 9pm here and I couldnt get a better shot.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks good except for ventilation. I think you should add more holes.

jesters22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i agree about the ventilation..

i would mayb start doing these types of containers in the future.. looks cleaner and beter ventilation

just simply use a soldering iron to cut a cicle out. cut some mesh of some sort. and hot glue it in.. 1 on each side and u got plenty of ventilation. that enclosure is for my 2inch p.regalis

edit- and since that picture i added some small holes right above the substrate to get air flow, bc i expierienced some mold the first few days. since holes added.. none.

stryder05

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There are 5 holes on the top and 3 around the sides, is that not enough then?

funguy@heart

Arachnopeon
Adding spagnum moss to the substrate makes it almost mold resistant. Something with the ph that mold doesn't like. I use compressed moss with compressed plantation soil, you get more for your $$ and live plants really love the plantation soil.