the favorite out of your collection

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mine is my g. rosea, eugene. ive had eugene for a little over a year. just a 4.5" teddy bear. though i can already tell that the avic. avic. that i bought today will be a great addition to my collection. its a very timid t.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I could not pick a favorite, Everytime I think this one is I have to say but then there is that one:D

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well, as of today, i only have 3. so its really not that hard to pick the favorite.

eleven_68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only have one...It's my favorite, my least favorite, the most colorful and the dullest, the ....... you get the idea :) It's an E. Campestratus. (I'm sure most of you know that by know)

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My WC Aphonopelma Chalcodes female. Ive caught quite a few, but this one stole my heart.

I love this species and feel that it is quite underated. AWSOME coloring (in person), SWEET attitude ( lays almost completely flacid when picked up). Not 1 hair flicked

when I get my digicam, Im gonna make an A. Chalcodes appreciation thread.

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I can't pick an overall favorite and stick to the decision either. :? They're all just too kewl in their own individual ways.:D

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I think I will expand on my answer, First off it is hard enough to pick a favorite Genus, One day it is Grammostola or brachyplema and the next its Avicularia. For me lately it has been Psalmopoeus, After you figure that out then which of that species, to many of them are just to cool. And last of all there different personalities. Just to much to decide, I think it is almost impossible after you have around 10 :confused: Greg

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by manville
I love that t a lot..nice necklace you got there..
ty if you seen her latest pics shes like 5 inches now :) and i love my necklace too lol worn it non stop for 2 years now

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I really had to choose my fav it would be my newly molted Juv. Chaco Golden Knee :) She is so doctile and sweet :)

L_mactans

Arachnolush
Old Timer
Lorelei, my 6" B smithi. I have had her for over 5 years, since she was just an 1" in size. She is wonderful with working the demonstrations when I do them b/c she is so docile and colorful, and has no apparent issues with people handling her. She has changed many a person's mind about Ts and I am very proud to have her.

Kelly (L_mac)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Of the individual spiders in my collection the one that I like the best is my sub-adult female N. coloratovillosus, she's gorgeous, a fantastic hunter, and quite the spunky beast.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't know about picking a favorite, but if I had to sell all of my collection and could only keep one T it would either be my female L. parahybana or my female T. blondi.

Just because, IMO, they are everything a T should be; fast growing, get huge, never-ending apetites, and the attitude to match ;P

If I could keep two the other would probably be a Pokie because they're so fascinating, and to have something pretty to look at :)

Jim B.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've gotta go with my 6"+ Psalmopoeus Cambridgei:
1> Never seen a threat
2> Easily coaxed out of her container
3> Great Personality - somewhat skittish, overall quick, curious, and jumps intermittently
4> Beautiful build - the Psalmopoeus' spp. long legs are AWESOME! Plus, their foot pads are so round; it's like hourglass legs.

The ONLY drawback to this spider is, I've never seen it eat. Had it for about 2 months, but it won't eat anything when i'm around. Or at all, as far as I know. I find the crix dead a few days later.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
mine has to be my first tarantula, my baby girl, Betty the B.smithi. had her for a year and a half, grew about 3" in my care, to a total of 4+". she never gave me a threat posture, and always eats. i guess its not only b/c shes my first T but b/c shes my first female T as well, like a father/daughter relationship. :}

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
If I had to pick just one, thats hard to do:D

I guess it would be my A avic "Boots"
He eats like a madman and is fun to handle.
Never wants to go back in his jar:D
A regular "kitty cat" at least to me:)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A. geniculata was my favorite while it was still in my collection.

Out of the spiders that I have (A. purpurea, A. versicolor, C. brachycephalus, C. fimbriatus, 2 C. cyaneopubescens, Psalmopoeus cambridgei, and Psalmopoeus irminia), I am most captivated by the A. versicolor, P. cambridgei, and C. brachycephalus.

Jon

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I must say my adult female Xenesthis immanis, awesome spider! Color, size and a ferocious appetite!

/Lelle