H.sp. "gigas" - ID

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Hey all,

Today I received three juvie H.gigas. I'm not too sure they are H.gigas, but they are defiantly a Hysterocrates species. Can anyone help me ID this species, or have links to what their spermathacae looks like, or anything else like that would be helpful. Thanks.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The shortest answer is 'no', you can't id them to anything more specific than what your calling them now. The next shortest is 'search function ' because this subject has gone around so many times I know I'm sick of addressing it and there is no new clarifying info that I'm aware of in the last 5 yrs or so. Sorry...
You could also include 'hercules' in the search as this tends to come up within in the same topic. The Tstore site has some good info on this also, I'm sure a good search here will lead you there.

Bill

Last edited:

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well

I have been consistently sending Richard Gallon who is to my knowledge THE MAN when it comes to the tarantulas of Africa,,,any 'different' looking WC female molts and dead frozen males for his study whenver that maybe.

so more positive outlook will be to breed WC slings together until then...who cares about the name as long as they purebred,,,name it after yourself for now haha

double check with robc the slings i got from him supposedly came from WC pair or WC mom dropping sac. Otherwise i got a communal set up of slings that another WC dropped...that i am 100% sure pureblood line.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I found this link. Pretty good information on this genus.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yea its really hard to ID Hysterocrates. You can rule out H.hercules since they arent in the hobby (from what I hear).