Fasting..?

RoseHairDivina

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea has not touched ANY food for almost 2 months! I certainly regret saying she was getting fat, I hope she did not take it personally. The closest thing she came to eating a cricket was getting all in a huff and rearing up when one of them came by her. Oh, she learned to kick hairs at me, too. Can someone pleeeze tell me what the heck is going on with her? :(

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Search up any thread regarding rosies and you will see this is all the norm. Also read the care sheet on them at the top of the tarantula page. They will go for REALLY long periods with out eating. All regular behavior....either that or calling her fat hurt her feelings and now she want to be thin.:D

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Worry not! Like MrFeexit said, rosies are prone to long periods of fasting. My boyfriend's G. rosea went for about 8 months without touching a thing. Then she just suddenly started eating again one day. She's now been mated and is (hopefully) gravid. :)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah - as people said rosies can be strange (and worrying) when it comes to food.

Ive had my G. rosea for around 6 months now and so far she has only eaten 2 crickets and they where both the week after I got her.

cheers,

Stu.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I had one go for a year without eating a bite... then she started eating as if nothing had happened. I'm starting to believe thet "rosea" is synonomous with "schizo!"=D

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"Scarrrlllleeet psst its me the voice in yoru head dont eat that cricket its yoru hands.. aagh the fingers of doom sick it kill it attack!!"

"scarrrrleeet psst its me again look at that scrumptous cricket.. mm you want it Cant have it dont eat it aaaagh its the fingers again noo not the tweeezers this time!!!"

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah dont worry about it not eating roseas go for a long period of time not eating..

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah its normal for this spieces not to go eat for periods. I can't say about my G.Rosea because at the moment she is a little piggy lol:}

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is perfectly normal for rosies to fast for long periods. Just call them the Ball Python of the T world.

Andy

Darth Nader

Arachnopeon
My little girl Clover does this all the time. Don't worry though, she'll eat, you just have to give her time.

ThistleWind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am dreading my rose from doing this. I've had mine for a month, and she'll eat ANYTHING and she's fast, too. But feeding time is the only exciting time with this kind of T..

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, if the OP's rosea still isn't eating it's definitely a record because this thread is almost 5 years old...

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
I truly wonder how people find ancient threads and not notice that they are ancient. :D

ThistleWind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
.. Holy crap. Sorry guys, lol, I seriously didn't know this thread was from 2003. The date printed is so small.

dannax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL! Well, I guess it's just as good to revive an oldie as it would be to start a new thread.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lmao, shes really thin now and hasn't moved in 4 years lol

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if she still hasn't eaten or moved since Nov. 2003 its time to bury her. :(

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol, hey Darth Nader is new, I suppose we can at least congratulate him for using the search function if not for checking the posting date :wall: , at least he tried and you gotta admit it was good for a laugh ;P
Rev