P.formosa breeding.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi.
I am going to try breeding my formosa's soon, and was wondering if anybody who as bred them before as any info to help me along?
Thanks
Chid

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by chid
Hi.
I am going to try breeding my formosa's soon, and was wondering if anybody who as bred them before as any info to help me along?
Thanks
Chid
Hi Chid

Speak to Ray, he will give you all the information you'll need, having bred these several times.

PS, as an aside, your male fimbriatus has been co-habiting a large tank with my female all week :eek: They seem to show very little aggression to one another.
I've not actually seen them mate but they generally do so at night, when I'm at work.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Leon.
Good idea, I'll get on to him. Good luck with the fimbriatus hope he does the biz.
Chid

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Good humidity 50 to 60% warmth 84 feed well before hand, introduce male during the day.( i leave mine in,but im also working with a 60 gal tall tank, theres others that use 2 on 3 off for the males) It should go smooth, if she accepts him.Watch the sac when she makes it, if you dont intend to go artificial.One female i had ate the sac every time and it wasnt bad.

Last edited:

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
just that one female,it was not too cool, the other one was just fine,but i pull all now, regardless and do it myself.