Ever caught a Tarantula with your Eye?

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I got a lovely MM Heterothele gabonensis from Mack&Cass to pair up with my two females...

Well he was fine unpacking, but when I went to check on him in his new enclosure as soon as I opened the lid he bolted. I put my hand in the way and he decided it wasn't an obstacle. Instead he quickly ran up my arm and onto my shoulder. I nearly grabbed him with my hand once more, but he bolted onto my back and up my neck onto the back of my head. Not knowing where he was I gently rubbed my hand up my neck which caused a lightning fast reaction of him running across the top of my head down my forward and onto my eye.

As we all know when something touches your eye your first reaction is to close your eyelids. Well not only did this protect my eye, but it trapped the edge of his leg between both eye lids. My natural optical protection acted as a bear trap.

Needless to say I grabbed him and put him back into his container. It was an interesting experience to say the least. :D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Talk about dumb luck! Lucky it wasn't a NW itchmaker, that is.

Jilly1337

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's crazy!! I can definitely say I've never done that!!

I had a time unpacking my 2 new versies. One bolted around and around the enclosure and when I tapped it, it ran up the paintbrush, down the paintbrush and made 2 laps around before finally stopping. The other one was the total opposite. It just wanted to crunch up and play dead.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having an off spider-night.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I told you he was fast....haha. Good to hear he was lively :)

Cass

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha, yah. He's about as fast as the MM Holothele sp. NDS I've had in the past, except a much better climber.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ha-ha-ha-ha

{D Very fortunate for the Climber....and the Ladies in waiting...

He was just showing-off for them athletically - "Look what I can do" :razz:

Glad it worked out - Jason

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
dang, this turned out to be funny enough to make me forget what i was originally going to post... which was:

no, but i *have* caught tarantula poop with my eye

... now i put on magnifying glasses before i vsex stuff. especially avics, which is what got me. the worst part? their poo feels cold when it hits your eye =P

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, what an experience. I haven't had anything like that happen with a tarantula, but a funnel weaver did find its way into my bra. {D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ha, i had a MM of some kinda poeci on my head before

if you open up the category i have had centipedes in every article of clothing except underwear. i can strip VERY fast and VERY carefully now =P