Webbing??

dizzylizzy

Arachnopeon
Hi all

My husband and I are very new to owning T`s, we got interested in them when one day we were taking a cruise up in the hill`s in the month of late september. We stopped and pulled over and the whole road was covered with Trantulas, the next day we went back and got the first one we saw. we had him for a couple of months, then he died:(
Now we have a pink toe and a G.rosea, my question is, we have had our pink toe for 2.5 months and it has made this strong web, is this normal??

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most likely getting ready to molt.. My A. avicularia (Pink Toe) entombs herself in a very similar tube web before shedding her old cloths.

Give it some time and see what results :)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Your first T was probably an Aphonopelma sp. which aren't know for their webbing tendencies. Much like your G. rosea won't be a big webber. Avicularia species usually make tube webs like yours has. Looks cool doesn't it?

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That looks really cool. Chromatopelma cyaneopubscens make sweet webs too. My little sling has a pretty thick mat in the enclosure.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Most likely getting ready to molt.. My A. avicularia (Pink Toe) entombs herself in a very similar tube web before shedding her old cloths.

Give it some time and see what results :)
+1 very normal.

dizzylizzy

Arachnopeon
The web itself is soo cool, its get out from either top or bottom , the web is attached to the top the the cage, so we have to be careful when opening.
As soon as it feels it opening it moves to the middle or bottom of web.
I was just wondering if it may molt soon, we have had it 2.5 months. Ive noticed it isnt eating like it was.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The web itself is soo cool, its get out from either top or bottom , the web is attached to the top the the cage, so we have to be careful when opening.
As soon as it feels it opening it moves to the middle or bottom of web.
I was just wondering if it may molt soon, we have had it 2.5 months. Ive noticed it isnt eating like it was.
They will stop accepting prey when they are ready to molt.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of my Psalmopoeus has a web tube just like that going down one corner of her cube. I love the webs that GBB and a lot of the arboreals make. Some of the burrowers have cool ones too if they're visible.

BatGirl

MAJOR
Old Timer
Pink Toe Tube Web

My Pink Toe, Snips (Ahsoka), made her tube web up one corner and across the top back corner, and just lives there whether she is about to molt, just got thru molting, or is just chillin'. Don't destroy it if you can as they will keep it clean and enjoy it most of their life. I had another pink toe's tube web that I mistakenly tore down and he, Starbuck, never made another one (could've just been a male thing, though...). Just enjoy the work of art!!! {D

Last edited:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What I have noticed with my Avic's is they don't really go gang-busters on making any type of webbing unless it's close to their molt.

My female was in my care for nearly 5 months without webbing anything and it was of great concern to me initially. Once the 6 month rolled around she started feverishly building a lavish pad and entombed herself within. 4-5 days after sealing it up she molted.

Even now my Avic spiderlings don't' web much but most recently my A. metallica did the same and shortly thereafter molted. It's my opinion that if housed in a new enclosure they will hold off until it's needed but once it's built and molted they'll continue to re-use if not destroyed.

dizzylizzy

Arachnopeon
Well I just got off work today, first thing i did was check in on our pink toe, ITS MOLTING, its like there are 2 T`s in its web now, I wont disturb it at all.
Im so excited, i hope it all goes good for it.{D

dizzylizzy

Arachnopeon
We were at Indian Gulch, about 15 miles from Mariposa Ca, we live in the Central Valley. That was pretty awesome to see, at first we didnt know what they were, so we pulled over, its was an old, old road, so you have to go really slow. So many Ts just crossing the street.
that was late sept early oct.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
wow thats really cool. I wish i had an abundance of taratulas like that where i live. all we have are longis (false tarantulas).

dizzylizzy

Arachnopeon
yes, he lasted about 2 months maybe a little more. He did really good for wild caught, he wasnt shy about eating thats for sure.
P.S, our pink toe did well in its molt, this is our first molt {D