Huntsman Green Discharge

sygdom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was checking my "Tan Striped Huntsman" at lunch today and noticed there was a line of green fluid running down the side of the terrarium. I assumed it was just feces but when I looked at the spider there was like a green discharge coming from her epigynum. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what this could be. Infection?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
isolate the spider from the rest of your collection immediately. transfer it to a no vent rig. maybe even a no vent ICU

beyond that, no clue

i would probably just waste the bug and hope it isn't catching

for the record: green goo coming from anyone's genital opening is probably NOT a good sign

sygdom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya that is what I was afraid of. It sucks, I just transferred her to a larger terrarium not to long ago. Well I moved her to a different location and will see if she makes it through. I really hope it's not my fault. Damn :8o

sygdom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Captive bred. I have had her for over a year now. Some bacteria or mold must have got her. I have moved her to a clean fresh enclosure and I am washing her old one. She seemed to be moving around alright during the transfer. Cross your fingers.

Last edited:

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Could it be color from a feeder? Some pillers n'worms have green goo insides causing green poo and such.