Goliath vs Goliath, T.blondi feeding video.

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
crazy feeding video of my new girl, check it out!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYyitW6ola8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYyitW6ola8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think he said they were goliath horn worms - most squishy apparently :D

What a great T you've got there :D

dopamine

Arachnobaron
i like how it went for it before it even hit the ground. Messy:}

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha thanks for all the comments, you should have seen it in person. I could hear the pop and spray of the intrails of the worm. Thats one reason I said gross so many times lol

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great feeding video and T. blondi. How big is she?

This reminds me of the first time I tried to hard boil a egg in the microwave. It all was in tact until I opened the microwave and kaboom. Egg was everywhere and never happened again.

super-pede

Arachnobaron
Where did you get your hornworms from?I have been looking for some of these for a while.Great video.

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i get them locally at this animal show that comes to town a few times a year. You should be able to order them from online stores now that summer is coming around tho.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wonderful Theraphosa! But no hairs on patellas, another case of sp. ''burgundy'' perhaps...? Doesn't look like my blondis...

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
patella is the 4th leg segment correct? She does have long hairs starting on her 4th segment. Is this not right?

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Coxa, trochanter, femur, patella, tibia, metatarsus, tarsus. The patellas are the short segment after the femur, no hairs to me in this case.

Cheers,
Pato