Tenegaria sp.:

more ???:

even more ???:

Lycosidae?:

Last edited:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Nice finds. Local bug hunting is always cool, breeding those finds is cooler. ;)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
steatoda borealis (edit!), very pretty.

that MM looks familiar, but i can't put a finger on it... edit: maybe MM crab spider? (fam: thomisidae, gen: misumena?)

the other, an orbweaver (obviously) is hard to say for certain which species. edit: maybe longjawed orb weaver? (fam: Tetragnathidae, gen: Tetragnatha?)

edit 2- haha, i was editing those before psychrolutes posted, so maybe they're right!?

Last edited:

Psychrolutes

Arachnopeon
Nice pics, especially the wolf spider.

The first unidentified one is a Steatoda Triangulosa, I'm pretty sure. The second one is in my mind a crab spider (Thomisidae), good luck ID' the correct species, so many of them .. :) the third one might be from the Tetragnatha family. Though I never get to see those here.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Theridiidae is not Steatoda triangulosa but S. grossa.
Your second unknown is a male Misumena vatia (Thomisidae).
The other one is indeed Tetragnatha sp. (Tetragnathidae).
The lycosid, judging by the ocular disposition, should be Pardosa sp.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thanks, y'all! Incidentally, you guys now have me hooked on trues. I can no longer go outside without looking in, on or under something in the hopes of finding a good photo specimen.

Funny about the Misumena vatia: I was hoping to find a female to house in an orchid enclosure. I saw the maleness, so I let it go.

The Tetragnatha & Pardosa sp. came from a floodplain on a remote-ish creek. The area was very thick with Pardosa, which seemed to be hunting a strange cricket that I hadn't previously seen. Unfortunately I put the cricket in a vial with Harpaphe haydeniana, promptly turning the cricket black & making the vial stink of almonds(Note to self: :embarrassed:).