Life of Cyan

Saf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Getting my first tarantula for many years, has been an amazing experience. I can't put into words how happy I am with my new T; or how beautiful she is.

My old crappy camera wouldn't even let me get a half decent image of her, so I went out and got a new one, with "1cm Super Macro mode". :)

This is my very first attempt at macro photography, so hopefully as I get to know my camera, and start to gain more experience; the image quality will see some improvements.

Even with macro, it can be a challenge to photograph a 2 centimetre spiderling. ;)

I'll be using this topic to chart the progress of "Cyan", my Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens; from 2cm sling, into adulthood. Here's hoping she lives a long and happy life, and provides many great photo opportunities. :)

I shot over two hundred images of her today to get used to the new camera, and I offer a small selection of some of the better ones for your visual enjoyment. :)

I've tried to share a range of shots from different angles, and with varied focus, and highlighting different aspects in most shots.

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for reading.

Saf.

Saf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. :)

Great name. ;)
Thanks, my little girl chose it. I've been trying to teach her to pronounce Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. She's got the Chromatopelma bit nailed down, but struggled with the latter.

Was quite funny actually: "cy-an-eo, cyan-eopuu, cyaneo-pubesc...oh daddy I'm just going to call her cyan!" :)

looks like a fun life!
Thanks Sean, I sure hope she thinks so too! :)

Saf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great pics! I can't wait to get my own GBB!
Thank you very much. :)

You will not be disappointed, they are soooo gorgeous!

I know they're equally lovely with adult colouration, but I almost don't want her to grow up; she's so cute! :D

Here's a few more from today:

Now, if I could just stop that camera shake. Must buy tripod!

And now I must be off out.

I'm away tonight, until the morning (will still have internet access so be on later), but this is the first time I have left her.

It sucks. Feels like leaving behind a beloved family member. :(

Saf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
L3 post-moult photo-shoot:

Been a busy week, this is the first chance I've had to edit and put together Cyan's post-moult photo-shoot. Images are a selection from between 5-8 days after her most recent moult. I believe this to be her L3 moult, but not 100% sure, as not certain what she was when I got her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Breaching her webbed up hide entrance for the first time:

(Cyan on the left, moult visible on the right)

Emerging into a new world:

(After her enclosure transfer, she literally went straight into her hide, webbed it up, and moulted. So this was the first time she'd seen her new home.)

Exploring her new surroundings: (and embarking upon an immediate webbing spree!)

Stopping for a rest: (chilling out on a leaf)

More exploring:

And back home for rest:

Her favourite place to 'hang out':

Linking her web trails back to her hide:

Making tunnels to her favourite hang-out: (and stopped for a rest)

(there's a few of these, as the lighting made for some beautiful shots)

On top of her hide:

Cyan finally discovers that her water dish is not just there for a webbing anchor: ;)

That's all for now, thank you for viewing. :)