Hahaha, just got bit by a versi XD

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jupp, I am now a part of a very scarse crowd{D

I went to do some maintanence, and I touched her web with my pinky, not thinking about it.. All of a sudden, I felt a slight sting in my finger, and pow! Dumpling was hanging from it XD

I think she may have thought I was a cricket, because I was slightly stirring her web. Took a while to get her off, she was hungry I guess.. Looks like I've nicked myself on a needle, and there was some clear liquid around the pricks, so I guess it's a wet bite. So far, no effects.. Doesn't even sting.. She's 5cm.

A fun experience, but I will be more careful in the future, I don't feel too good tricking her like that ;P

rexi_doll

Arachnopeon
oh WOW! You are only the 2nd or 3rd person I've heard get bit by any avic. You're slightly ruining the argument towards my mother when it comes to my daughter handling my avics! "Mom, they dont even bite! I've heard of one or two people who have ever been bit by them!"

Congrats? lol

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hahaha, thanks XD

Just add she was just after food.. She's the biggest pig in the world, and after all, she hasn't been fed in two days.. This gal even wants food when she's in premolt..

rexi_doll

Arachnopeon
Hahaha, thanks XD

Just add she was just after food.. She's the biggest pig in the world, and after all, she hasn't been fed in two days.. This gal even wants food when she's in premolt..
Thats my MF rosie for sure. She'll eat anything. She was attempting to eat the straw when I was packing her the other day

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Ha, Congrats?!

My versi is crazy, I joke that it will be the one I get my first bite from.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, and to think I was nervous about my H.Lividum XD

Thanks guys! Shes cleaning herself, looking sulky. Though I'm probably imagining that last part =p

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I had an A.avic that would put my OBT's to shame . It was aggressive as heck must have bitten me a half dozen times , starting when it was just a sling .

Arakatac

Arachnopeon
... I think she may have thought I was a cricket, ... she was hungry I guess ... but I will be more careful in the future ...
Oh, too late, my friend! Now that Dumpling has gotten a taste for human blood (yours, as Fate would have it) I'd sleep with a night light from now on if I were you ... ;)

JamieC

Arachnopeon
I suppose it doesn't matter how careful you are, if you keep a lot of T's and carry out daily maintenance getting bitten is always a possibility, even from a docile species like A.versi.

Glad to hear the bite didn't have any side effects. ;)

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, it's been hours, and my finger is slightly itchy.. That may just be her u-hairs though, cause she's a kicker as well. She's usually very docile and nice, so imagine my surprise =p