Worlds largest jumping spider

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hyllus cf giganteus is a contender for that title :p This female shouldn't be fully grown yet.

[YOUTUBE]dJiF0cSFj44[/YOUTUBE]

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow Erik that's an awesome jumper. Huge and awesome coloration.

Matt

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hyllus cf giganteus is a contender for that title :p This female shouldn't be fully grown yet.

[YOUTUBE]dJiF0cSFj44[/YOUTUBE]
WOW!That is so cool!
Where is this species found?I was always under the impression some of the largest jumpers were located here in the USA..
-Chris

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I saw a black one bigger then this when I was in mexico, although iam not too sure on the species.
very beautiful coloration you have there.

schnautzr

Arachnosquire
Well, that reopens the possibility of what I saw downtown having been an extremely large jumper. I was astonished at its size but didn't grab a coke bottle quickly enough to catch it before it vanished in a puff of smoke.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, our jumpers may not be the very largest in the world but we do have some doozies. I've seen P. audax monstrosities that were about 1" DLS. That's not as large as the spider shown above but still pretty big... for a jumper. I think there is a Phiddipus spp out west that gets even bigger.

That was a great video Erik. Thanks for sharing it.

EXOPET

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Erik got those beauties from me :)

The largest is officially Hyllus diardii, with Phidippus octopunctatus supposedly a very close second

although my Phidippus regius AF is about as big as a fully grown Hyllus cf giganteum

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha, the first video was a beautiful specimen, i would love to own one...the second video was very beautiful too but he looked so angry lol like..."why for you take the cameraz away"

Rue

Arachnoknight
Sweet! Always loved the salticids...but the local ones are so tiny!

Rob1985

This user has no status.
that Hyllus diardi is awesome!

Where can I find these big jumping spiders for sale in the US? :?