Photos of bugs I find in my yard

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I REALLY like the one of the fly's shadow on the leaf. I would buy that if it were in a store!!! :worship:

popkin

Arachnopeon
I REALLY like the one of the fly's shadow on the leaf. I would buy that if it were in a store!!! :worship:
Me too, that's an awesome shot. All of them are pretty cool, but that shadow shot is bloody awesome.

It seems like some of the BEST pictures one gets are by pure accident. I got a nice picture of my wedding ring once by accident when trying to photograph a rat. The rat came out fuzzy but the focus and angle was perfect on the ring (an antique spoon ring specifically).

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know what insect that is in the first shot but I got bit by one. It stings!

I also find those metallic green, long-legged flies a lot on my Morning Glories. They lick up the dew aphids and other insects discard I noticed.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know what insect that is in the first shot but I got bit by one. It stings!

I also find those metallic green, long-legged flies a lot on my Morning Glories. They lick up the dew aphids and other insects discard I noticed.
They do sting? They are everywhere here and a bunch of times they ahve landed on me, and I have no idea what they are, but luckily one never stung me.

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've added some more photos, including some Spiders! :cool:
I like the one of the big fly and the smaller fly--I wonder if it's juvie/parent??? And the stripey small spider is cool too!!!

PS--added your photobucket to my Facebook!

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like the one of the big fly and the smaller fly--I wonder if it's juvie/parent??? And the stripey small spider is cool too!!!

PS--added your photobucket to my Facebook!
I think the smaller fly is a male and the larger a female, so it would be a couples photo mabye. :)

Thanks for sharing my album, anyone is welcome to use the pictures I took!

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Great photos. I find new bugs in my yard every time I look (I and look very frequently). I'm pretty sure that first bug isn't one that stings (assuming he was referring to the Hemipteran listed first).

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Nice pix, Keith- do you know what the orb weaver is pic 33?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi ^ That's an Ailanthus webworm moth. Tiny little guys but brightly patterned! Cheers, Terry

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can anyone id all the bugs I found, I want to submit my find to a nature i.d., but I have to know the names of the species, you could just post the name and link next to it.