Introduction

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello all! I'm a newbie in the T world. I have some pics of my T's here Creepy Crawly
My favorite so far is my M. Red Knee but I have several others I plan to purchase soon so that may change.:D
Have a great weekend!

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi DIane

you MRK is really cute but I will give you a tip : That sponge is a no no. it creats mold and stuff that is harmful to your T. I'm sure you love her like because I know that feeling of keeping Ts. Welcome to the boards and have fun here with thse crazy people...specially finnish people they're some crazy folks, but it's all good. don't worry if by the end of next year your number of T's is up to 40 or more.

:)

have a nice day

Geo

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i would definately remove the sponge. your t can drink fine without it. welcome to the boards and your new addiction. you will find a lot of very helpful information here.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

welcome aboard!, their are some many things about this hobby that will pop up , its really great, plus you have come to the best forums on the net congratulations ! i also have to ad B. smithi (mexican redknee) is in my opinion should be the mascot of t keeping, i can still remeber storys my father told me of when he had one in the 70's, they have always held a special place for me very beautiful and hardy species, take care and best regards to you--Jeff

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the tip about the sponge. I actually only had it in there for a short time until the second molt. I just didn't want it to drown in the dish even though it was only 3/4" deep. I changed the water daily and made sure to rinse out the sponge often.:p I know I was a bit over protective but since I had waited almost a year to get this one, I didn't want an accident to happen.
And I found a pet store near my town that has several little Pink Salmon babies for $5.00! I think I may be getting one of those this weekend if I can make it down there.:D

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Diane,

I sent you a PM, but just in case you don't get it, I'll post here as well. I'm not sure where you are in Kansas, but there is a monthly show at the Holiday Inn in Overland Park. I usually bring a decent selection from my stock. The next show is 12/14/03. Let me know if you have any questions.

Botar

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
welcome to the boards.it seems as though u have a great collection!
what are the sizes on ur Ts and does ur cobalt burrow at all?if so did u take those pics at night?
mike

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Hello and welcome to the pit:)
You will find that this is quite an interesting place.

Oh yes the Finnish guys are well...........VERY interesting;P

*HI GEO*:)

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards!
I was wondering the same thing about the cobalt. One pic looks like hes behind a wall of a small depression but the way he is reared up makes it look like the substrate is only 1 or 2 inches deep. BTW the word is Defensive not aggressive. hehe

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
The largest T I have my Rose, she is pretty old now(pushing 13).
My Cobalt is definately a borrower but a shallow digger. Right now, I have it in a pet carrier while I wait for my aquarium to arrive. It doesn't really dig into the dirt but likes to use the wooded hideaway instead. They're not a very active T are they? Well, until you accidently touch it while trying to remove cricket parts, then mr. Grumpy:mad: appears and yanks the straw out my hand!
Those pictures were taken at night, right after work. I was trying to manuver some stuff around and BOY, was it mad! LOL!

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the Boards, Diane!
I found that being somewhat new as well, this forum has provided a wealth of information and has no shortage of personalities...
Enjoy!

Yet another Kansan... :D