harsh morning

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So its been a while since I posted. Not necessarily due to any particular reason. I guess I just haven't had any questions or updates about my Ts.

But yesterday morning I awoke to find my A. Hentzi mature male in semi-death curl and he just looked awful. His abdomen was shriveled and puny, and he had plopped himself in the water bowl.

I immediately put him in ICU for hours, but no change. This morning I found him unresponsive and curled completely. I put him in the freezer just in case he was hanging on by an inch and there's some alien part of tarantulas that feel something like pain.

He was mature, there's no doubt about that. I think it was just his time, because I water and feed all my Ts like I always have, and my others look great.

Anyway... I got a 6 pack of Lone Star and I'm going to privately morn this pretty little spider. If anyone is interested in seeing death pics, or pointing me to a thread for such... I think I remember seeing something like that.

Anyway, hope your day started better than mine.
-steve

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
*hugs Steve*
Sorry to hear about your T :(

At least you'll know you took care of him until the end of his life.
He passed while in a home where he was loved and taken care of. :)

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss man. We're in the same boat though. One of my e. olivacea slings started molting last night and never finished up. Found it this morning totally limp. :(

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry man that really sucks. Same exact thing just happened to a friend of mine. Was yours wild caught?

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not entirely sure if it was wild caught, but I believe it probably was.