RIP e. olivacea

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One of my slings decided it was going to molt last night but not finish up. I found him like this when I woke up this morning. It looks as if it had some sort of cyst or something like it growing in the abdomen. Maybe it was just too much for this little guy to take. He/she will be missed. :(

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
AGHHHH!!!:wall: OMG.... sorry for your lost!!! i feel your pain bro...

Peace
Armando

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Toni & Armando. Although saddening, it's just part of keeping and caring for tarantulas. You're bound to get some bad ones. Just sucks it had to be one of my more expensive and rare tarantulas. :(

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry for your loss, he / she was a nice looking little sling .

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aww no way man, that sucks. You just got the little guy too. I'm sorry for your loss :(

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Toni & Armando. Although saddening, it's just part of keeping and caring for tarantulas. You're bound to get some bad ones. Just sucks it had to be one of my more expensive and rare tarantulas. :(

i agree... i hear yah on that note... i know it's a part of our hobby, that we have no control over... yes it's sucks that it had to be that One...
sorry again..... im just sad for you because, ive been wanting to get some those so bad... but they are so rare... so hard to come by... and to have such unexpected loss.. must be really hard.... so i certainly feel your pain...

Peace,
Armando

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jason, Sorry to see this :(. I would imagine with your level of expertise that you haven't lost many. However, even one is always one more than you want to lose.

Condolences,

Terry

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am so sorry for your loss. :( and to loose such an amazing species. I'm sorry.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I really wish I could have done something for the little guy. :(

@Terry- I'm an expert by no means man, I've only been keeping tarantulas for ~2 years. :rolleyes:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Always, always hard to see one go sling or adult..

All continued best to you and yours..

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOW!:( This sucks Jason! it isnt even my sling and i felt like a piece of me died a little.

could that be a parasite maybe? maybe cut him open and see what it was.

I am truely sorry man, but i have stated my love for these for a while. top 3 of my favorite species. defiantly a loss to the hobby.:(:8o

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOW!:( This sucks Jason! it isnt even my sling and i felt like a piece of me died a little.

could that be a parasite maybe? maybe cut him open and see what it was.

I am truely sorry man, but i have stated my love for these for a while. top 3 of my favorite species. defiantly a loss to the hobby.:(:8o

Thanks for the kind words, Cody. I'm not sure if I would know what to look for if I did cut em open. The money aspect doesn't really bother me, I'm just bummed out that I lost the little guy. Like you said, it's one of my favorite sp. too. They don't come by often and are easily one of the coolest sp. out there even w/o their looks, and I'm sure you know why.

Crossing my fingers that my other two slings are 100% healthy. (knock on wood)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, maybe look for a hard mass. Did you read the thread about Joe's T with the cyst? i would suppose it might look like that, unless it is a parasite of some kind.

Yeah, and Money is never an aspect when you loose a T as incredible as these. Just sucks 100X worse because these hardly ever come around as you said.

Again sorry for the loss man.:(

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm in a little better of a mood now that one of my other slings has molted and appears fine. :)

Last edited:

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really tough loss. I hate to find 'em like that, but it happens. Nothing you could have done to prevent it. You've got my sympathy. So sorry for your loss. Di

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Diane. You're right, there wasn't much I could do but just sit and watch.

On a positive note, my other sling has also molted and appears to be fine. :) Allready getting some serious color too!