Good News!

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes!!
I left a note for UPS to find a neighbor that was home and to "PLEASE.PLEASE do not leave it outside!" I said it was live seedlings and the cold would kill the roots=D . Anyway, I got home about 1 am and my neighbor was still awake, so I decide to go an ask if there was a package. She had it!! I was so sooo glad it wasn't frozen! But there still remained the question of the condition of the little G. pulchra inside. I took it home and immediately opened it~literally ripping it apart as fast as I could!
When I stuck my hand into the shredded paper, it still had a small amount of heat!! YAY!!!:D:p I uncovered the little dish inside, and I see movement! YAY!!!:D I open it up and find a tiny, 1/2" little sling (I had ordered a 1" sling by the way:mad: ) . So I put it into it's new little clean cup, add a wet paper towel piece, and a small cricket. I was worried because it seemed to be moving very slowly and I figured it was week from not feeding(the abdomen was kinda small). I took out the cricket, slightly disabled it and put it back in. In about 15 minutes, I noticed it was finally able to grab the wiggling cricket and was happily munchin' away! :D =D
I'm so happy that UPS was able to get it right this one time! I had left notes before but all the other times my package was left on the porch. Next time, I'm gonna INSIST they use FedEx or Airborne Express.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good news indeed, Glad it worked out ok in the end.

I had a B.smithi that took longer to arrive than was supposed to do in the cold weather. When I opened it up I thought for sure it was a goner, I nearly threw the whole package away in disappointment. Something told me just give it a go by the heatmat ,so I did and after what seemed ages she came around and is still alive today. It was about 1.5" then and here she is now.

Chid

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm happy for you diane.. i really want a sling.... i have two subadult g rose's

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad the sling made it .. but I wouldnt ask for Airborne Express. Last week they LOST a $200 package of mine ! By the tracking number it was delivered and it was SIGNATURE on delivery. They asked the driver where it was .. and he told them he couldnt remember. But luckily this guy was the full retard and didnt get a signature . Yeah I'll get my $200 back .. in 2-3 months ! Can you believe that almost 3 months for them to file a claim ?

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Glad the little one made it ok! Also glad you'll eventually get your money back Frostbyte

... Ever wonder though about just how freaked out the person who got the package was when he opened it up? :D

brachymad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you are expecting a parcel, and you are woried about the cold put one of those cool boxes used to keep the beer cold on picknick outside with a note to the delivery man to put the parcel inside . they are great for keeping out the cold as well as keeping it in . Ok so long as you dont get it stolen .

Ian