Anyone want to help me?

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I need some help. Is there anyone in the metro Detroit area that wouldn't be afraid to package a MM P. murinus for shipping? :p

joes2828

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure I'll receive criticism for this, but I personally would slow the T by either temporarily chilling the T or putting dry ice in a small container of water, which then is put in the enclosure.

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol I've done it before but it is very intimidating ;). Good luck finding someone near you to do it!

ametan

Arachnoknight
I know Nerri1029 has anesthetized tarantulas using CO2. This was done using common things a layperson might have as well, I think. Might be worth a PM.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I appreciate the suggestions, but I don't want to do anything to potentially harm the poor guy. Seeing how I've never chilled or anesthetized any living thing before, I think it's a little risky. I just want to get him from one deli cup to another without having a heart attack or getting tagged. :p

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like I said in another thread,get it out in the open in its enclosure,drop the deli cup over it,slide the lid under,and THATS IT. Reallllllly easy.Just dont get yourself worked up while doing it;try to stay as calm as possible.Its when you freak out that accidents happen.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Out of curiosity.. Why are you moving it to another deli cup? Just to transport it to take back to the seller you got it from or are you trying rehome it?

If you are just trying to take it back to the seller you got it from why dont you just leave it in the deli that its in and make him do the hand work since he sold you a MM..

Just my thoughts..

But to help get it in a deli cup.. Try laying both delis on their side.. bumped up against each other.. Stick something small in and prod the tarantula.. Once it darts it will dart in the deli you want.. Then put the lid on it.. I have done it this way several times.. Works like a charm.. :)

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I need some help. Is there anyone in the metro Detroit area that wouldn't be afraid to package a MM P. murinus for shipping? :p
I would help if I lived close enough. I have to pack a MM P.murinus tomorrow too, lol.

Just make sure that if he takes off he has no where to go (no cracks in the wall, holes in the ceiling, cracks under the door, etc.)

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Tommy - I was going to trade someone, but I've decided just to swap him out with the original seller as planned so no worries. He's already in a deli cup and that is where he will stay until Friday when I swap him out.

Problem solved. Thanks to everyone :)

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just had to send off my mm P. murinus not long ago and he is nuts. I told my wife as I walked into the bathroom with him that I just knew he was gonna tag me. He didn't get me luckily. I did holler real loud and made my wife run to the door and ask if I was ok (she wouldn't open the door to see lol). She was rather mad when I told her it was a joke.

Ok back on topic. What I did was this. Took his home and already padded deli cup shipping container into the bathroom. Picked up anything he could hide under and shoved a towel under the door. I cut the bottom out of a water bottle and set it over him and used a chop stick shoved under him in the substrate to make him go up the water bottle. Picked it up and put cardboard under him. That was the easy part. I then twisted a paper towel up and pushed it through the top of the water bottle to make him go down to the deli cup. For the next 30 minutes I fought with him as he tagged and hung to the paper towel. After I realized he didn't want to be on the wet paper towels I put a dry one in and he went straight down with little fight. I covered him with the overhanging paper towel plus another couple laid flat on top and tucked around the sides. Snap the top on and you're good to go. I hope that helps. Just remember to use the dry paper towel and you shouldn't have as much problem as I did.

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was typing and didn't see you'd already figured it out. Using a phone on here sucks sometimes... oh well.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Who wants to come help me pack a 3.5"-4" P. regalis? Anyone? Someone? :D

She is a fast little booger! She has me a bit nervous.. :razz: But she has to be shipped tomorrow.. :eek:

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I was typing and didn't see you'd already figured it out. Using a phone on here sucks sometimes... oh well.
No worries. I love information.. whether I need it now or in the future. Thanks for taking the time to type that out on your phone. I know how it is. During the week I'm on my iPhone from work (because just about every site is banned) and it's a pain too. Glad you didn't get tagged! Funny about faking your wife out :p