My T made it through a cyst!!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
So last month after my P. irminia molted she seemed to be fine. 2 days after she molted she began to leak fluid internaly causing the right side of her abdomen to swell.:( I use the term "her" loosley here.

Day 4 of being out of a molt i began to really worry. :?I was reading all of these threads that seem to end on a bad note. So i decided to be a bit more invasive and take a leap. better to try something to fix it than sit back and watch her die.

I took out a small needle from a sewing kit and poked very carefully and drained the pressure. Next i added super glue careful not to get it on her book lungs. i covered the area that had stretch out thinking i could keep it from bursting.:? After that i was sure she wouldnt pop.

Even though i was reluctant to feed her she ate 2 large crickets with the "injury" this last month and seemed to grow fairly well in her abdomen area.

SHE MOLTED OUT TODAY WITHOUT ANY ISSUE!!!:clap:

Before the operation:

After the surgery:

Today i found her very molted!! :D

THANKS FOR READING GUYS!!!:worship:

P.S. I am not trying to say she would of died without my help. I also cant say what I did was the reason she lived. All I can tell you is she did survive with my invasive action.

-Douglas Ples

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm very glad that she made it. It appears that she still has a lump though.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see it to. Wonder if it'll improve with subsequent molts. Very interesting at least considering the multiple threads recently on cysts & what to do.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
the bulge is still there!! she turned around for me and i can the same thing happening.. she hasnt swollen up yet.. i hope it doesnt get very large.. i guess i will know in a day or 2.

Lisa Gayle 713

Arachnopeon
Good job!

:clap::clap::clap: Way to go!!! Keep us posted on any re-bulgement.:wall::(
And good luck!:}

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very glad to hear she made it! If I were you, I'd keep it drained to nominal levels... maybe it'll take a few molts and she'll be done with it. Keep it all doccumented!

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with Draychen. Keep up the great care and maybe this thread will have a happy ending!!!

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
very well done!

how on earth did you get her (i use term with much hope for you) to sit still to apply the super glue?
i have 2 juvies myself.

would like to hear how the tyke is getting on as you go.

cheers

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I put her on my bed and covered her with a paper towel. Then folded it up while holding the paper towel on her to expose the end of her abdomen.

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
that's brilliant!
i hope i never have to do this - but it's good to know what to do just in case.

thank you

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
that's brilliant!
i hope i never have to do this - but it's good to know what to do just in case.

thank you
well every individual case is different.. This is not something that i have done until now.

We would need alot more than just one case of this being done successfully. although this isnt a success. Maybe just temporary for each time she molts. so this is not one of those things you do without alot of thought. If you dont hit anything it works. i could see all fluid with a flashlight shining at it so figured i wouldnt hit anything important.

I only recommend this as a last resort. Keep in mind this is also a sling so they molt every 3-4 weeks. If you did this to a adult T it would be a totally different situation. There are alot of variables to consider. One would be draining important bodily fluids. Lets say you wait until it is infected.. it could be very traumatic to a sick spider.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
she has eaten 3 adult 3/4" crickets

Just thought id do a bit of an update! She looks completly normal from what ive seen. She is eating fine and the bulge seems to be gone or at least stopped. Her spinnerets are not off to one side like before. Thanks again guys for all the support. :)