Can anyone sex from these Photos?

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A little brighter and it would be easier. First inclination is female but I think I see a dark patch above the epigastric furrow....

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for looking all. Joe said these are easy and males have a white patch but I don't see it yet.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's the male, it never fails.
It makes me want to wag my tail.
When it comes I want to wail - MALE!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ugh, no Blue's Clues all weekend, and then I read that. :wall: :}

Here's a picture of three males:

Since this picture was taken, two of the three have matured, so I know the ventral was correct. The third one is still (hopefully) two molts away.

I see the dark patch on Tim's pics everyone is referring to...it confuses me a bit since the white dot is so obvious on my guys. I'd like to see pics with better lighting, or perhaps just the spider in person. :}

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was just looking at a couple of P. sp. sarina juvies yesterday, one had the white spot while the other had the dark patch like above. I was pretty sure the white spot was male but I took a look at dark patch's molt under the scope and sure enough, also male. It looked just like the one above. Going on that, I'd say its male

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Borrowed your pic Joe, hope you don't mind. Notice the areas I circled on all three of your males are cream colored. The one I posted is very different in color. Is it me?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Book lung color has nothing to do with sexing a T. You should be looking for differences in the EF region or spacing between the book lungs.

You should try posting a clearer pic of your T both ventrally and dorsally so that we can have a better chance of sexing it accurately.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree that color of book lungs doesn't mean anything relative to sexing, but I wonder if there's a reason they are different?

It's possible that lighting is the only issue, hence why I'd like to see it in person.

By birthday is Sunday, ya know... ;)

I'd also like to see dorsal pics, if you're able to take them.

--Joe

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I realize the book lung color should have nothing to do with it but with the lack of white spot the males appear to have and the different coloration. It makes me wonder. I'll call ya later Joe